CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Welcome to CDRInfo.com   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1516 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Welcome to CDRInfo.com Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 5/12/2005 3:33:39 AM   
emperor

Welcome to CDRinfo.com Forums, please introduce yourself
Post #: 1
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 5/21/2005 1:47:25 AM   
oakes100

Hi i'm oakes100 i have just become a member hoping for some help with my nec 3520a dvd burner i have been using the drive for about 1 month not a problem burnt about 50 -60 dvds 16x taking 5mins then suddenly tried to burn another 1 one morning and it took 25mins with same disks,i have tried diff disks . Please can anyone help !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 2
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 5/21/2005 5:40:08 AM   
Iggy

Welcome!

For some reason the writing speed was redused in order to have a successfull burning. Which media do you have and which other did you try?

(in reply to oakes100)
Post #: 3
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 5/21/2005 8:37:25 AM   
oakes100

I have been using bulkpaq silver 8x and white 4x also when it went wrong i was using Hyundai 8x that burns at 16x and ritec16x that burns at 12x but i have not had a problem with them for a month .Is there anything i can do besides buying a new writer.

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 4
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 5/23/2005 1:33:52 AM   
Iggy

How about different media or firmware?

(in reply to oakes100)
Post #: 5
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 5/25/2005 6:21:47 PM   
emperor

excuse me but this thread is not for posting technical questions, all posts removed

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 6
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 6/21/2005 10:50:01 PM   
erin

Hi, I'm Erin. I just became a member because I'm very computer illiterate and I need help with using dvd-r's. My computer doesn't recognize dvd-r's or dvd+r's. I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM SD-R1312 drive. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 7
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 6/22/2005 3:11:17 AM   
Iggy

How about a new firmware?

(in reply to erin)
Post #: 8
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 6/22/2005 10:28:49 AM   
erin

Yeah I know this will probably sound like a stupid question but... I downloaded Toshiba dvd-rom sd-r1312 combo drive firmware update but I haven't installed it yet. I was wondering if anyone could give me a little info on exactly what it does when I install it, and is there anything I have to do when installing it, etc... As you can see, I really don't know much so thanks for your patience!

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 9
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 6/23/2005 1:36:58 AM   
Iggy

You just run the .exe file and the firmware upgrade process starts automatically.

A firmware is something like a software of the drive, and every device off course, even refrigirator has firmwares. This one tells the device what exactly will do.

In drives a newers firmware adds more media, might increase writing speed, support another format etc.

(in reply to erin)
Post #: 10
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 6/23/2005 11:47:10 AM   
erin

Thanks for your help!

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 11
RE: NEC nd3520a XP drives - 7/9/2005 11:05:26 AM   
stevey a

My name is Steve and the problem i would like help with involves windows xp not loading/recognzing my new dvd/cd-r. It loads it as a cdrom only.Even after uninstalling. I have amended the registry so as to allow the recording tab in properties,  but although it recognises that fact it still asks for a cd-r disk etc to be loaded even tough one is  in the drive.
I have spent hours searching for an answer and hopefully it will end here!

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 12
RE: NEC nd3520a XP drives - 7/11/2005 1:52:56 AM   
Iggy

Unistall the IDE channel you have connect the drive, as soon as it hasn't the bootable HD on it, and reboot. This way the system will identify again the drive.

(in reply to stevey a)
Post #: 13
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 7/17/2005 4:07:18 AM   
badgermo

hi guys
just joined looking for info on hirens boot cd.
i downloaded it and just got a message in notepad.
i'll look through the f.a.q. and the rest of the forum before i ask any silly questions.
i'm 53 years old and have just built my first pc and am just finding out how little i really know.
i hope to be a regular visitor but not a pain in the process

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 14
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 7/17/2005 7:33:03 AM   
SiliconFreak

Hello and Welcome to the forum badgermo,

As first I would like to Congratulate you on building your 1st PC ! Really! Because many people in your years (not that I am saying you are old or something , cause we are all walking same path ),  just dont know much more than to turn it on/off and maybe type few lines in some Word...and thats it...but when it comes to upgrading some component or maybe troubleshoot something, using command line...they all turn BLUE....

Look...dont worry...noone here is a pain in the process...(well maybe some spammers and other people with illegal intensions would be....but so far there arent many around and we all hope that it will stay this way even in the future). Let me say that we are here to help you all out with your "silly questions"...so again....dont worry about that...

Finally....since you said you look for info on HirensBootCD...here is the LINK to section in our forum where it was (and still is) discussed. So you may post your questions/answers/ideas or anything in connection with it, there. And since you mentioned some message in notepad....why not post its content there, so others could help you out with their suggestions about what it means and what to do next...

Good Luck and hope to talk to you soon!

SiliconFreak.

(in reply to badgermo)
Post #: 15
RE: Welcome to CDRInfo.com - 7/23/2005 1:11:55 AM   
Webfaction

Hi all, the  names webfaction   and i happened to stumble across this forum while searching for a  help with  ps2 hdloader software and figured i'd join up and share what little i know and hope to  find a few answers whilke doing so.
ps: if anyone has gotten  a copy of hd loader to work could you lend  a hand???
thanks...Webfaction

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 16
Page:   [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
All Forums >> [In-House] >> Introduce Yourself >> Welcome to CDRInfo.com Page: [1] 2 3 4 5   next >   >>
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI