CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cant see my divx files using tv out   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 680 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Graphics Cards >> Cant see my divx files using tv out Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cant see my divx files using tv out - 5/10/2005 7:49:09 PM   
mick.ca

my old video card (ati rage fury) stoped working. I used it to watch divx movies with the video out to my tv, also to watch dvd's on my dvd-rom. to my tv.

The new card i got is an ati excaliubur 9250. the tv out works and i can watch dvd movies with it. but when i use a divx or mpeg file in media player or easydvd, the screen is blank on the tv. On the computer the movies is playing fine and you can see it. but on the tv you can see the media player open but its just blacked out and wont show the picture.

any one heard of this?

thanks for any adive
Post #: 1
RE: Cant see my divx files using tv out - 5/11/2005 9:15:17 AM   
emperor

probably a problem with the player or some setting needs to be taken care off

(in reply to mick.ca)
Post #: 2
RE: Cant see my divx files using tv out - 5/12/2005 3:29:25 AM   
quote:

ORIGINAL: mick.ca

my old video card (ati rage fury) stoped working. I used it to watch divx movies with the video out to my tv, also to watch dvd's on my dvd-rom. to my tv.

The new card i got is an ati excaliubur 9250. the tv out works and i can watch dvd movies with it. but when i use a divx or mpeg file in media player or easydvd, the screen is blank on the tv. On the computer the movies is playing fine and you can see it. but on the tv you can see the media player open but its just blacked out and wont show the picture.

any one heard of this?

thanks for any adive

men, i had the same prob with my old ati 9600pro. I found a way to fix it, but i don't know what was causing this

i got bsplayer for playback and i reduced the resolution to 800x600 everytime i needed to watch a divx movie. You will find the player here . of course, use the latest ati drivers

let us know if this works for you

(in reply to mick.ca)
  Post #: 3
RE: Cant see my divx files using tv out - 5/20/2005 2:13:38 AM   
eleajar

i think it has to do with "overlays". play around with BSPlayer's setting to enable/disable overlay, and it should correct your prob

Please, excuse my english. I am Italian

(in reply to Guest)
Post #: 4
RE: Cant see my divx files using tv out - 6/26/2005 7:19:55 PM   
sharkalex

Don't need to change Media Player, It's a matter of settings. Follow the procedure here, it's quit easy and worked fine for my 9600 Pro.
http://groups-beta.google.com/group/comp.sys.ibm.pc.hardware.video/browse_frm/thread/dfef2498316e567a/0cd47bb42abf91fe?hl=en&

Thanks again to Lesley.

Alex

(in reply to eleajar)
Post #: 5
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Graphics Cards >> Cant see my divx files using tv out Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI