CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

InCD 4.0.1.21   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1496 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD 4.0.1.21 Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/26/2003 5:36:45 AM   
HeNry2kOoL

Just wanted to inform you guys that InCD 4.0.1.21 is out and is availible to download at:

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero-up.php

Seems to be working ok for me for now, no crash on the first cd re-insertion, but I'm gonna need more time to play with it.
Post #: 1
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/27/2003 2:10:28 PM   
Frosties

I get a consistent crash every time I open Nero with InCD40121 running. That is in background and not with a cdrw disk in it. Running InCd40121 works great by it self but just open Nero 551042 and it's a crash on logout of windows 2000SP4. The crash states that it's InCd that hangs. This happen in user mode and administrator mode. Have anyone experienced this also? Could it be the Nero Burn Rights add-in that i have installed to make Nero 5.5 work in user mode that makes this crash happen?

System:
Windows 2000 Pro Sp4 (Swedish)
Nero 551042
InCD40121 (Swedish)
Nero Burn Rights
Zone Alarm 3.7.202
CDRW LG-8400B Firmware 1.02

Update: Uninstalled InCD40121 and installed InCD3.5.24.0 and no crash on logout. Strange. I did not have any copy of InCD installed before installing InCD40121. No, it's not ZoneAlarm.

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 2
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/27/2003 6:47:53 PM   
dburg

Is the crash an application crash or a blue screen ? What is the exact message ?

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

fax: +49 (0)7248 928 299

email: dburg@nero.com
http://www.nero.com

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 3
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/27/2003 7:31:11 PM   
Frosties

quote:
Originally posted by dburg

Is the crash an application crash or a blue screen ? What is the exact message ?

Situation guide:

Installed nero551042, then n551042sve. Obs! Without reboot between. Possible failure? Then reboot and installed InCD40121 and reboot.

How to reproduce.

Logging into administrator account with InCD40121 running in the background. Logout without any action gives result ok.

Logging into administrator account with InCD40121 running in the background. Open up Nero 551042 gives wizard. Close wizard. Close Nero 5551042. Logout of administrator account. Process hangs. Waiting 1 minute. Do a ctrl-alt-del for re-logout or stop process. Do a logout. White-screen (No Blue screen) with message "End Program (In Swedish as it's a swedish version of windows 2000 Pro SP4). The end program screen lists "InCD_GUI_MAINFRAME_1A6E0D67_..." to shutdown. System is not able to shut down process with hard reboot as consequence.

I will try to play with my system a bit. Perhaps I am able to further get down to the problem.

Update: Uninstalled InCD40121 through Add/Remove program. Reboot through uninstaller. After relogin to administrator account I start up Nero 551042, wizard starts, i close wizard and close nero 551042. I logout without problem. Consensus it's InCD.

Removed Nero and InCd from system. Installed bundled nero 5.5.7.6. Reboot. After login opened and closed Nero and logout without problem. Installed InCd40121 and reboot. After login I logged out without further action with InCd running without problem. After login opened and closed bundled Nero 5.5.7.6 and logged out. System hangs giving same information as before on the trying to shut down program. I did this so as to prove to myself that it was not Nero Burning Rom that had changed and caused the system to hang.

After looking at the Activity Manager in windows 2000 I notice that Nero.exe is still there after program exit. The process does not use cpu cycles. Neither is InCd. This obliously doesn't happen when Nero Burning Rom is not opened. Somehow InCd is proventing Nero.exe to close happily.

Without opening Nero.exe in Activity Manager I notice that incdsrv.exe is running using CPU, but when open/close Nero Burning Rom incdsrv.exe stops using CPU. I believe this is the problem.

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 4
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/27/2003 8:29:32 PM   
ScottAllen11

quote:
Originally posted by HeNry2kOoL

Just wanted to inform you guys that InCD 4.0.1.21 is out and is availible to download at:

http://www.ahead.de/us/nero-up.php

Seems to be working ok for me for now, no crash on the first cd re-insertion, but I'm gonna need more time to play with it.

Yeah, I downloaded the update too, but I still get a blue screen (just like with 4.0.1.7) the first time I try to bring up Windows Explorer on my Win 98 SE machine. I have to restart & uninstall for my PC to be usable again.

dburg, any ideas?

I have a SiS 735 chipset on my ECA K7S5A motherboard; BIOS/drivers are up-to-date. I have a Toshiba DVD-ROM (primary slave, but assigned to drive F:) and an AOpen 52x24x52 CD-RW (secondary slave, but assigned to drive E:) with the latest firmware (1.07). My error is "exception OE in 0028:00770076, called from 0028:C1C25A00 in VxD voltrack(04) + 00000430".

- Scott

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 5
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/28/2003 12:02:22 AM   
dburg

Frosties: We will have a look at the synchronization code between Nero and InCD, it might be causing your problem.

Scott: Can you describe what anti-virus, burning software, file compression or file encryption, ide accelerator, or alike, software that are installed on your computer? (I'm not sure but maybe it's an incompability with a driver from one of these applications)

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 6
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/28/2003 1:15:47 AM   
Frosties

Great. Is there anything I should try to eliminate possiblities further? I will look back into the forum from time to time as the hotmail address is more of a slush account.

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 7
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/28/2003 3:56:49 AM   
ScottAllen11

quote:

Frosties: We will have a look at the synchronization code between Nero and InCD, it might be causing your problem.

Scott: Can you describe what anti-virus, burning software, file compression or file encryption, ide accelerator, or alike, software that are installed on your computer? (I'm not sure but maybe it's an incompability with a driver from one of these applications)

I have PC-Cillin 2000 anti-virus. Closing this prior to opening Explorer has no effect on the error. My previous burning software (Sony) has been uninstalled. Now I have only Nero. To my knowledge, I have no compression/encryption/acceleration software. I used to have a zip drive on this PC, but I've uninstalled all the iomega software too.

Sorry I can't be more helpful. After reading though this forum I cleaned up my system as best I could, but I have not been able to resolve the issue.

- Scott

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 8
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/28/2003 4:59:51 PM   
dburg

The problem is that if there is a filter-driver within Pc-Cillin, as a driver can't be unloaded while Windows runs, there will still be activity from Pc-Cillin (activity sometimes could be just passing down a request). To validate the test, could you de-install Pc-Cillin (reboot), re-install InCD 4 (reboot), and check if the problem is still here?

(Of course, for security reason, re-install Pc-Cillin afterwards and remove InCD 4 as long as it is not working).

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 9
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 7/29/2003 2:22:22 PM   
dburg

quote:
Originally posted by Frosties

Great. Is there anything I should try to eliminate possiblities further? I will look back into the forum from time to time as the hotmail address is more of a slush account.

We have located a deadlock in our service which was causing this issue. Thanks for having reported it and helped us to fix it!

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 10
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 8/6/2003 6:35:09 AM   
ScottAllen11

quote:

The problem is that if there is a filter-driver within Pc-Cillin, as a driver can't be unloaded while Windows runs, there will still be activity from Pc-Cillin (activity sometimes could be just passing down a request). To validate the test, could you de-install Pc-Cillin (reboot), re-install InCD 4 (reboot), and check if the problem is still here?

(Of course, for security reason, re-install Pc-Cillin afterwards and remove InCD 4 as long as it is not working).

I did what you suggested, and if anything the problem was worse! I finally had to boot to safe mode to be able to uninstall InCD, which was now crashing my system before I even had time to open the control panel!

I have sent my infotool.txt file to your support department on two occasions, but have not received any replies in two weeks. I am beginning to think your company is unwilling to support your products!

I appreciate you being here and trying to help , but so far we are getting nowhere. My system is about as clean as can be (though I have reinstalled my anti-virus of course). What next? Or should I just give up on InCD ever working for me? [:(!]

- Scott

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 11
RE: InCD 4.0.1.21 - 8/8/2003 8:33:50 PM   
dburg

Well, our techsupport is a bit overloaded after the arrival of Nero 6 (lot lot of questions). If you still do not get any feedback from them in a few days, can you signal it here so I contact one techsupport guy to check why your e-mail was not answered?

David Burg
Software Development,
InCD Project Leader

Nero AG
Im Stoeckmaedle 18
76307 Karlsbad
Germany

(in reply to HeNry2kOoL)
Post #: 12
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> InCD 4.0.1.21 Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI