CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Help with Burning DATA DVD's.   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1240 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Help with Burning DATA DVD's. Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Help with Burning DATA DVD's. - 4/5/2005 4:38:31 PM   
The James

I've got a NEC 2510A DVD burner with firmware 2.15 on it. This drive is used to burn audio cd's and data DVD's for archival purposes only. Unfortunately my success rate with using DVD as a backup media is abysmal. My only guess is that I'm using media that doesn't work well with my drive.

Anyway...I'm really looking to understand burning a little better. I would like to know how to check compatibility, check media, verify backups and such so that I can be confident in my optical media usage.

Thanks,

James
Post #: 1
RE: Help with Burning DATA DVD's. - 4/5/2005 4:46:12 PM   
MP3Mogul

James,

There are alot of media that your drive will work well with, I'll suggest two, Verbatim or Taiyo Yuden (TY).

You can visit NEC's website for a full compatability list, and I'm sure users will post here as well what their favorite medias for this drive are. You have a good drive, now all you have to do is get some good media!

LG GSA H22L Firm 1.02
Samsung SH-203N Firm SB01
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Firm FS0D

(in reply to The James)
Post #: 2
RE: Help with Burning DATA DVD's. - 4/5/2005 6:01:29 PM   
tqhoang

You might also want to update your firmware to 2.18. Lots of new media support in newer firmware revisions. Also some updated writing strategies, but I don't think you'll ever find an official changelog...
http://support.necsam.com/oem/downloads/flashfirmware/

If you're looking for DVD+R(W)(DL) booktype bitsetting, then you should try the Hacked Mad Dog 2.F9 Firmware and use Binflash to do the update.

< Message edited by tqhoang -- 4/5/2005 6:05:38 PM >

M$ Windows XP SP2
ASUS A7V8X BIOS 1015.003
AthlonXP Barton 3000+
NVIDIA GeForce 7600GT AGP
LiteOn SOHD-16P9S Fw FS0J
NEC ND-2100A@2510A Fw 2.0A
NEC ND-6750A Fw 2.42
NEC AD-7170A Fw 1.O4
Plextor Premium Fw 1.07
Plextor PX-716UF Fw 1.11

(in reply to The James)
Post #: 3
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Help with Burning DATA DVD's. Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI