CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

NEC 3500 Bitsetting Problem with +RW - Please Help   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1626 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> NEC 3500 Bitsetting Problem with +RW - Please Help Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
NEC 3500 Bitsetting Problem with +RW - Please Help - 2/10/2005 12:28:10 PM   
Woody

Hi

This is my first post on the forum though I have been reading it regularly over the past few months. I bought myself a NEC 3500 drive 2 months ago after visiting this forum.

I have been using Verbatim 8x DVD-R discs so bitsetting has never been a problem. Recently, I bought some Ridata 4x DVD+RW discs. The Media Code is RICOHJPNW11. I have used only 1 disc until now.

The firmware I am using is Quickee Version 3 Milestone Release - Extreme based on Liggy 2.18 (supports bitsetting for +R, +R9, +RW). I use WinBTypeV2 and before every burn, I ensure that book type for default and temp is set to DVD-ROM for +R, +R9 & +RW.

The first burn I did was using CloneDVD2 (from Slysoft) where I ripped a single layer DVD movie. CloneDVD2 automatically burnt the disc for me. When I checked the booktype with DVDINFOPRO it was DVD-ROM.

I then completely erased the disc using the format utlity in DVDINFOPRO (selected Full Format) and burnt a data disc using Nero (version 6.6.0.1). (I ensured that default and temp book type is set to DVD-ROM for +R, +R9 & +RW in WinBType2V2 prior to burning). However, the book type shows as DVD+RW in DVDINFOPRO and I can't use this disc in my laptop.

I also tried the full erase function of Nero and Copy2DVD before burning again (using Nero) but the book type still shows DVD+RW.

Ever since I faced this problem, I tried to redo what I had done using CloneDVD2. Unfortunately, the book type now is DVD+RW and DVD-ROM as it was on the first occassion I burned the disc.

1. Could someone please tell me how to set the book type to DVD-ROM when I burn data discs.

2. Can the book type of my current disc never be changed to DVD-ROM again?

Thanks

(Sorry for my long post)

< Message edited by Woody -- 2/10/2005 12:49:44 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: NEC 3500 Bitsetting Problem with +RW - Please Help - 2/13/2005 4:19:42 PM   
emperor

I would suggest using either DVDInfoPro or CDSpeed and inside Nero don't use the auto setting

(in reply to Woody)
Post #: 2
RE: NEC 3500 Bitsetting Problem with +RW - Please Help - 2/13/2005 4:37:01 PM   
Woody

thanks for your reply.

i quick formatted the DVD+RW disc using DVDINFOPRO and then burnt a data disc using nero. It now shows DVD-ROM

I changed the options (under Choose Recorder) in Nero to Use Recorder Setting. I did not know this because this option does not appear when there is a disc in the drive When there is no disc, it lets me select Autobitset, DVD-ROM, Use Recorder settings etc.

Is this normal in Nero that the options only appear when there isn't a disc in the drive?

Regards

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 3
RE: NEC 3500 Bitsetting Problem with +RW - Please Help - 2/14/2005 3:24:29 PM   
emperor

yes i believe its normal

(in reply to Woody)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> NEC 3500 Bitsetting Problem with +RW - Please Help Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI