Problem with latest DVDinfo (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro

Mender -> Problem with latest DVDinfo (11/30/2004 7:35:43 PM)

I just downloaded the advert version of DVDinfo and installed it. When I try and run it, I get a message that it is out of date. When it checks then for a newer version, it says mine is up to date, but I still get the message that it is out of date, so obviously I can't use the program.
Anyone else having this problem?

Flash -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (11/30/2004 8:26:30 PM)

The new release should be available within the next 24 hours

RedSquirrel -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/2/2004 3:43:38 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Flash

It's now a few hours short of 48 since Flash's post. I hate impatient people - but any idea when the new DVDInfoPro (with adverts) will appear [:)]

MP3Mogul -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/2/2004 4:54:00 PM)

Still not available.

vassav -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/2/2004 7:13:15 PM)

quote:

This delay for the advert supported version smells of under-handed gouging. I apologise if there is a valid reason for forcing a perfectly funtional program to stop working in order to force upgrades when the upgrade isn't there (except it is there for people that can afford to pay for it).

If the development costs are increasing, then say so, but we all know that there really isn't a valid reason for not letting the old version run while there is no updrade available. If this kind of under-handed attitude continues the full version will get hacked by a bitter cracker. This has been the demise of many nice programs in the past. Let's keep this community on the high level that it has been so far.

nicw -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/6/2004 10:46:34 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: vassav

quote:

This delay for the advert supported version smells of under-handed gouging. I apologise if there is a valid reason for forcing a perfectly funtional program to stop working in order to force upgrades when the upgrade isn't there (except it is there for people that can afford to pay for it).

If the development costs are increasing, then say so, but we all know that there really isn't a valid reason for not letting the old version run while there is no updrade available. If this kind of under-handed attitude continues the full version will get hacked by a bitter cracker. This has been the demise of many nice programs in the past. Let's keep this community on the high level that it has been so far.

hi,

The time frame given by me to flash was an estimate, I try to get it out before the other expires but sometimes is not possible. The company I work for is moving which is an enormous task, and I simply just got behind, not everything was finished so I released an interim version (3.48) that expires on Dec 31st to tide folks over.

cheers
NicW

Mender -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/7/2004 12:41:55 PM)

Thanks for the heads-up Nic.
As it happens, I decided to donate so I now have the regged version with no adverts[8D]

forkndave -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/13/2004 3:14:01 PM)

I have a paid for version of DVDinfoPro and I can't seem to update it. If I download the full version it won't accept my serial number. It won't let me type the dashes and if I leave them out it says it's not a valid number. I've also tried the updater and it doesn't work either. It says it can't update that version althouh it is a version that it is supposed to update. I am now using the advert version. It's not a big deal, but since I paid for the non advert version I would like to use it.

emperor -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/13/2004 3:51:12 PM)

forkndave, please email nicw, i am sure he will be able to help you out![;)]

nicw -> RE: Problem with latest DVDinfo (12/14/2004 7:56:54 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: forkndave

I have a paid for version of DVDinfoPro and I can't seem to update it. If I download the full version it won't accept my serial number. It won't let me type the dashes and if I leave them out it says it's not a valid number. I've also tried the updater and it doesn't work either. It says it can't update that version althouh it is a version that it is supposed to update. I am now using the advert version. It's not a big deal, but since I paid for the non advert version I would like to use it.

hi,

This is a known issue with the new Installshield installer. A workaround is to use COPY (CONTROL C) and PASTE (CONTROL V) to copy and paste the serial number in then it will accept it.

cheers
NicW

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI