Is The Dangerous Bros' flasher incompatible with NECWinFlash.exe (uniflash)? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware

realnewbie -> Is The Dangerous Bros' flasher incompatible with NECWinFlash.exe (uniflash)? (10/3/2004 6:37:57 PM)

History:
I notice there is a latest 3500A FW bases on the newest TDK 1616N called 278.bin (from CDRInfo). Being so happy with the TDK's 2C7 FW (from The Dangerous Bros'), I decide to give it try. However, it only came as bin file without a flasher, so I have to use NECWinFlash.exe to flash it.

Problem:
Now, I want to go back to 2C7. When I try to flash back with Dangerous Bros' 3500Fast.exe in the 3500W2C7.zip, 3500Fast.exe (MDFast.exe too) does not even launch, it just died.

Question:
My speculation is that NECWinFlash.exe somehow locked the FW, so that other flashers can not mod the FW anymore. Is there a way to fix this, so I use The Dangerous Bros' 3500Fast.exe or other TDB flashers again.

emperor -> RE: Is The Dangerous Bros' flasher incompatible with NECWinFlash.exe (uniflash)? (10/3/2004 6:50:46 PM)

You just have to use the 2.C7 binary from our forum and the uniflash software

realnewbie -> RE: Is The Dangerous Bros' flasher incompatible with NECWinFlash.exe (uniflash)? (10/4/2004 12:55:02 AM)

emperor, your suggestion does offer a quick workaround. It works, thanks.

However, maybe our gurus TDB, Herrie and Liggy should take a look at this problem and come up with a solution.

emperor -> RE: Is The Dangerous Bros' flasher incompatible with NECWinFlash.exe (uniflash)? (10/4/2004 1:32:04 AM)

yes maybe it should looked!

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI