RE: Philips PCRW804 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (7/2/2003 1:10:33 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by DragonGoddess

Thanks a bunch Mp3Mogul. The computer recognizes it but it says it's a cd-rom and not a cdr/rw drive. I am running Windows XP on a 5500 compaq presario. The original os was ME, but I upgraded to XP. So what can I do to have the comp recognize the Philips as a cdr/rw drive? Thanks for the help. [:D]

Hi DragonGoddess
Well the first thing I can suggest is for you to Disable the built in burning program that Windows XP has built in and see if that makes any Difference !!![:)]
By the way if you are not sure How to do this just go to Our FAQ Section and I have posted an easy solution there !!!
Go to :-
http://www.cdrinfo.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=6264
By the way even though it has not been recognised by Win XP as a CDR Writer dosn't mean that it will not work with other Writing programs have you tried to write with it yet ???
I hope this Helps !!! [:)][:)]

MP3Mogul -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (7/2/2003 4:07:44 AM)

You're Welcome Laffin... I knew you were busy, so I put it up for all to grab.[:D][:D]

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (7/2/2003 4:57:17 AM)

Some Boy !!! [:D][:D][:D]

Peter Chambers -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (7/13/2003 10:06:36 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by tim

I'm yet another person having problems with the cdd 4801 burner. I did the aspi magic file fix and the firmware update to 2.5. Windows xp generates no errors and says the drive is working fine. I've checked the driver file page and their doesn't seem to be any errors there. Any other ideas????????

Peter Chambers -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (7/13/2003 10:50:40 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by Laffin Assassin

Hi goanuj
I have just e-mailed you a zip file
It is only 249k.
Just unzip it into a folder and follow the instructions and that should cure your problems.

Ihope this helps
Laffin Assassin

It's Nice to be Importent But is more importent to be NICE!!!

Hi Laffin
I'm afraid I've got the same problem (Philips 4801 in Windows Xp doesn't write, installed the Aspi, Flash Tool doesn't work).
Please can you help??
Thanks
Peter

sp -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (7/14/2003 10:54:53 AM)

Attn: Moderators

Please lock this thread!
It seems it has gone astray for some time now.
I think it is because new users are attracted by those postings with too many readings. This is, of course, propotional to the number of postings. Consequently, threads of this type tend to distract attention of new users and finally whatever the outcome has nothing to do with the original posting. Meanwhile, many positive ideas are getting lost because of wrong thread heading.

Just my thoughts...

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (7/16/2003 5:19:10 AM)

Wrong thread heading LOL !!![:D][:D][:D]
If you had bothered to read all the Thread you would have noticed that everyone has got a simular problem and my ASPI Fix has cured it for most of them except the odd few who have genuine Hardware Problems !!![:)]

Doraemon -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (8/13/2003 4:42:45 AM)

I'm also having problems with the PCRW804 on windows XP. I'm trying to follow the 17 page disccussion, but manage to get lost. I thought the problem is with firmware need to updated, but it start to talk about aspi installs.

Is there a step to step guide I can follow to fix my problem?

It seems when I plug in the writer, the system just hangs.

Thanks a lot.

mick_travis -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (8/14/2003 6:10:32 PM)

Got the same prob with my philips pcrw804. Would you please send me your file to correct it.

Thanks

MT

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (8/14/2003 8:19:24 PM)

I suggest you read the Topic and you will see you are able to Download it !!![:)]

stefsom -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (8/15/2003 10:55:42 PM)

1. Configure the drive as master (secundary)
2. The drive has problems with VIA chipsets
- install the latest VIA drivers or use the default drivers from windows
- the latest firmware has also a fix (v2.5)
3. In Win Xp disable the inbuild burning software.
4. Use only CDRW's 1X-4X No high-speed (4X-12x)they won't work.

Stefsom

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Philips PCRW804 (8/15/2003 11:07:19 PM)

I am Locking this Topic Now !!![:)]
It is getting too big and some Members are having trouble reading all the Replies and it is causing grief !!![:)]
So if you are still having problems start a new Thread and I am sure you will get help !!! [:)]

Page: <<   < prev  12 13 14 15 [16]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI