InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing

marcelvf -> InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (4/27/2002 4:06:58 AM)

InCD 3.24.3 installs fine under Windows XP but after the installation it remains inactive as an exclamation mark on my system tray. No disc detection. I can't even run it.I have a registered copy
of Nero Burning Rom 5.5.80 installed and working fine
Does anhyone have the same problem?
Thanks!

Edited by - marcelvf on 04/27/2002 08:51:10

john -> RE: InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (4/27/2002 10:48:54 AM)

We also have noticed this problem sometimes. Not sure what is the cause

Visit www.cdrinfo.com - The Recording Authority

CCampbell -> RE: InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (5/10/2002 6:18:46 PM)

What model recorder do you have?

Try this. Go to My Computer, right click on the Recorders Drive letter, and go to Properties. Then go to the Recording Tab and uncheck the option to "Enable Recording to this device"

And reboot, and re-install our InCD 3.28.0

Does this resolve your issue?

Regards,

Craig

quote:

InCD 3.24.3 installs fine under Windows XP but after the installation it remains inactive as an exclamation mark on my system tray. No disc detection. I can't even run it.I have a registered copy
of Nero Burning Rom 5.5.80 installed and working fine
Does anhyone have the same problem?
Thanks!

Edited by - marcelvf on 04/27/2002 08:51:10

john -> RE: InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (5/10/2002 7:32:51 PM)

Craig we had also that problem (InCD doesn't recorgnize any device under WinXP). With WinME, InCD 3.28 worked fine...We will try the method you suggested to see if that solves the problem. Note that this weird problem with WinXP started versions above 3.21!

CCampbell -> RE: InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (5/17/2002 12:37:26 PM)

I will have our Q&A Engineer do some testing in this area, as well as myself.

We are seeing a few systems with this issue. Usually, disabling the Recording feature in XP, and in some cases removeing the Adatpec driver loading with Windows Media Player resolves the issue.

Regards,

Craig

quote:

Craig we had also that problem (InCD doesn't recorgnize any device under WinXP). With WinME, InCD 3.28 worked fine...We will try the method you suggested to see if that solves the problem. Note that this weird problem with WinXP started versions above 3.21!

brycej -> RE: InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (5/19/2002 8:45:21 AM)

I have the same explanation point problem with InCD and XP.
I have disabled the auto record feature on the cdrw drive.
Still a "!". I don't know how to remove any driver from
the Windows Media Player (other than removing the whole program)-
which I wouldn't want to do yet.
BTW I have the problem with a new HP P4 computer.
Someone told me that the ! means the cdrw is not supported.
Don't know if that is true.
BJ

CCampbell -> RE: InCD is only an exclamation mark on my system tray (6/11/2002 5:48:46 PM)

Yesa, when you see the "!" mark next to our InCD Icon in the Systray, it indicate that our InCD software could not find a supported Recorder connected to the system.

This is caused by one of the following...

1) The recorder is truly not supported by InCD yet
2) Driver conflicts from a previous version of Mastering software installed, or old drivers loading for the IDE controller.
3) The below drivers are known to cause this. Renameing them to .bac extension solves this issue many times.

Cdudf.sys
Udfreadr.sys

I would hope that our latest InCD 3.291 would resolve this issue for many.

Regards,

Craig

quote:

I have the same explanation point problem with InCD and XP.
I have disabled the auto record feature on the cdrw drive.
Still a "!". I don't know how to remove any driver from
the Windows Media Player (other than removing the whole program)-
which I wouldn't want to do yet.
BTW I have the problem with a new HP P4 computer.
Someone told me that the ! means the cdrw is not supported.
Don't know if that is true.
BJ

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI