verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware

tarfu -> verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B (2/6/2002 1:46:58 AM)

I purchased a cendyne packaged cdrw. drive is identified on its sticker, and in BIOS/Windows as a verbatim 241040AL with firmware 58SA. I peeled off the sticker on the drive and (no surprise), it's really a liteon LTR-24102B.

So I want to upgrade the firmware to make the drive show up as a liteon in windows, and possibly take advantage of newer features/upgrades that come w/the new firmware. but the liteon firmware won't upgrade the drive as it doesn't recognize it as a liteon. I've tried placing a jumper in all the positions that i can on the back of the drive next to the digital audio (on the left side), but nothing works. the drive is still recognized as a verbatim. i've even tried booting into dos and running pflash and trying to load an older liteon .bin file, but no go.

Anyway, any suggestions/links/files anyone has would be greatly appreciated by more people than just me, i'm sure.

-tarfu

ogewo -> RE: verbatim 241040AL to liteon LTR-24102B (2/22/2002 8:51:19 PM)

I have this exact same problem.

Anybody figured this out yet? Maybe someone can make a string editor like someone did for the iomega to plextor switch.

Thanks guys,
gew

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI