Pioneer DVR-A03 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

moosette -> Pioneer DVR-A03 (12/5/2001 1:29:44 PM)

Does anyone have experience of this drive? Are there any major problems with it? Or hassles?

Would you consider this a good buy for someone starting up as a wedding videographer - who needs to store wedding footage as a master DVD, and for selling weddings to the client on DVD?

Where is the cheapest place to buy this in the UK?

Do you think DVD-R is the way to go? - or is DVD+R going to be a lot better?

Can you make your own backgrounds for the title screens?

Is MyDVD 2.3 good enough? can it be updated to 3.0?

I have a Pentium 4 PC with 60GB hard drive and Windows Me.

Many thanks!!

ant_ -> RE: Pioneer DVR-A03 (12/5/2001 6:38:55 PM)

Check here: http://www.cdrinfo.com/hardware/pioneerdvr103/index.shtml

moosette -> RE: Pioneer DVR-A03 (12/6/2001 3:28:21 AM)

Thanks for that :O)

I have read the review, just wanted to know if any consumers had hands-on experience of the drive in everyday use....

Thank you!

desicator -> RE: Pioneer DVR-A03 (12/13/2001 5:32:22 AM)

Hi moosette,

I have the A03 but its hooked to a Mac though through a f/wire box. I have used it a few times nows, burning CD-Rs is excellent! its no 16x but when u r comming from a 2x its heaven. In regards to the DVD side i have problems. I work in the stills photo and digital imaging side of the world and not in the film/editing/post production industry so i may be just inexperienced in DVD and making a simple mistake but.....?
My problem with the AO3 is I made a disk image of my mac's HDD with "Toast Titanium 5.0" and I got a buffer underun message error. Testing the disk, it seemed to work fine but to view a complete root directory of the DVD disk like what you would see in WinFile or WinExplorer, took about 40-50min (crazy huh). I haven't tried a again (cant afford at AU$35/disk) to burn an image, it may very well be the disk did get corrupted???
From what I can gather, most DVD players read up to 16X - A03 only reads at 2X, is this why it tooks so long??
It may be fine for video, but for burning data it seems a dud.
Anyways, I got it for free so i cant complain, hope this helps some. I will need to burn another image tomorrow so I will let u know if i works better this time
regards AndrewY

So, hope this

Andrew :?p

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.416016E-02