Cyberhome ADL-528 and making slidesshow (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

Elartie -> Cyberhome ADL-528 and making slidesshow (12/3/2001 2:27:42 PM)

Help! I want to make a slideshow (still images) (jpg and BMP) and show it with the DVD-player Cyberhome ADL 528. To burn (S)VCD on CD-RW's I use Nero latest version (5.5.5.1).
I tried and tried but just 1 picture (for a short time) appears on TV. Then ADL-528 gives the message "bad disc". I tried with several different CD-RW's (Maxell, BASF, etc). Also I tried an instant program (from XAT.COM) but this also failed (bad disc). It's driving me crazy!
Can you tell me how to produce a slideshow for/with the Cyberhome ADL-528.

Thanks!

Rick

CCampbell -> RE: Cyberhome ADL-528 and making slidesshow (12/3/2001 9:56:29 PM)

IF you take this VCD or SVCD to other DVD Players, possibly by going to a store that sales them to test, do you find this VCD is playable on other units?

Did you download the latest VMPEGEnc1213 from our web site download section at www.nero.com/en/download.htm?

Regards,

Craig

23-17 -> RE: Cyberhome ADL-528 and making slidesshow (12/5/2001 12:07:43 AM)

Elartie, your DVD player supports SVCDs, but if you have trouble playing some retail DVD or playing other SVCD discs (non slide show) you should ask the manufacturer for a firmware upgrade CD.

If you've made SVCDs before you should probably skip down to the bottom of this message, otherwise feel free to read though the steps of creating a proper SVCD in Nero 5.5.x.x.

1) Choose Super Video CD from the New Compilation CD menu and make sure 'Create standard compliant CD' is checked. If your TV/DVD player is in PAL mode choose PAL, otherwise choose NTSC. The other options need to be messed around with depending on your DVD player. Store source pictures in checkbox should usually be checked for still images and the directory name 'PICTURES' should be used. You'll need to change around the 'Compatibility...' options if your player doesn't play the disc properly; the default is MPEG2 for the video directory and ENTRYVCD for the directory holding File ID info.

2) For ISO setting you should choose ISO Level 1, ISO 9660, and no Joliet. 'Allow pathdepth...' and 'Allow more than 255...' should not be checked. These settings are for max compatibility.

Adding still picture to a SVCD
------------------------------

3) Pictures must be one of the following res to be fully compatibly with the SVCD specification: 480x480 (NTSC), 704x480 (NTSC), 480x576 (PAL), 704x576 (PAL). The images should be 4:3 for standard TV or 16:9 for widescreen and resized (using a photo editor) to the correct res (example. 640x480 for 4:3 TV and resized to 480x480). You should stick to 4:3 as not all players support 16:9 SVCD playback.

4) Just drag and drop the images files to the SVCD creation window and set the duration for the display length for each image.

5) Burn the CD or CD-RW at a resonable speed (recommended 8x) and put in DVD player and enjoy :-)

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI