New Motherboard/CPU issues, bad HDD? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

andrewmoquin -> New Motherboard/CPU issues, bad HDD? (7/1/2009 11:38:35 PM)

Hi, I switch my old MB and CPU for new ones. On start up it would tell me to pick:Windows XP Pro or Debug mode. Then next it asks window xp, last known working, safe mode, etc. No matter what I pick, a loading bar appears at bottom, loads 1/3 of bar then restarts. I figured cause of the new hardware so I did a Repair Install on XP. First time it froze at the saving configuration part, I restarted and then it was able to get past that on the second try for the repair. After it restarted to boot windows XP, I wait for the part to hit no key and wait for it to boot xp. What it does is go blank, show a loading bar at the bottom, loads half way then reboots again. I repair again and it does the same thing. I can't get to the part to boot xp to finish the install repair to go through windows install.

Am I missing something?
I did a recovery console check disk and it did find some errors, idk what those are or how to find out what they are...

Worst come to worse, I need to either back up the drive or just buy another internal hdd and install windows on the new hdd then switch stuff over?
[image]http://www.tcp.in/technology/uploaded_images/gamingpc-705869.jpg[/image]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI