dvd flick to shrink -> can't play dvd (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring

stinkfoot70 -> dvd flick to shrink -> can't play dvd (4/21/2008 12:58:19 PM)

I've re-authored many dvds with dvd shrink connecting to nero 7 and they've all played in my entertainment center dvd player (samsung dvd-5500).

This weekend I tried dvd flick for the first time and then re-authored the converted files in dvd shrink. the resulting dvds played in my computer dvd drive through PowerDVD, but not in my stand alone dvd player (the samsung). I got this error message upon inserting the dvd:

This disc cannot be played.
Please check the TV system.

Any suggestions?

thanks,
core

MP3Mogul -> RE: dvd flick to shrink -> can't play dvd (4/21/2008 5:50:37 PM)

I haven't seen or heard that message before.  Is it possible to try in a different stand alone player?

killalot57 -> RE: dvd flick to shrink -> can't play dvd (4/21/2008 10:26:06 PM)

Is the dvd formatted properly?

"I have absolutly no idea what I'm talking about"

SithTracy -> RE: dvd flick to shrink -> can't play dvd (4/21/2008 11:48:32 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: killalot57

Is the dvd formatted properly?

"I have absolutly no idea what I'm talking about"

Actually you might... How did you burn the disc?  ISO9660+UDF using UDF 1.02... IFO/BUP 32K padding.  Try using ImgBurn to burn your discs... Works great.  I know MP3Mogul still holds on to Nero but I gave up on it.  Tired of the bloat and the problems it caused me and the general feeling the Nero did not got a damn when I contacted them for support.  If you're burning with Nero, MP3Mogul may have some tips.

You may want to specify the media type/brand you used and the burner... Perhaps you burned to +R media and your standalone does not support +R unless it is bitset to DVD-ROM media... too tired to comment anymore... off to bed.  Good luck.

MP3Mogul -> RE: dvd flick to shrink -> can't play dvd (4/22/2008 1:12:00 PM)

Yes,

If you have any questions about Nero just ask... I work closely with the people at ahead software and can answer any question, and if I can't, I have contacts in their corporate offices who can. (include software programmers).

killalot57 -> RE: dvd flick to shrink -> can't play dvd (4/22/2008 9:43:53 PM)

I use "magic Iso" for everythng.... I used to have nero but it was too much for me and stuff.... "trails off"

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI