Help me choose ASUS Motherboards (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU

markclaysius -> Help me choose ASUS Motherboards (12/15/2007 11:06:19 AM)

Hi all, please help me choose a good ASUS motherboard that fits to this Processor:
(gaming, video editing, and design)

Intel® Core™2 Extreme Processor QX6850   3 GHz

Architecture    65 nanometer technology
L2 Cache        8M
FSB Speed     1333 MHz
Chipset           P35 Express chipset,
                      X38 Express chipset
Slot/Socket     LGA775

Thanks

SithTracy -> RE: Help me choose ASUS Motherboards (12/15/2007 11:47:39 AM)

I just went P965 last year (Asus P5B Deluxe WiFi/AP... don't use the WiFi... it was in stock at the time and the plain ol' deluxe wasn't)... Anyway, it's an ok motherboard, you may want to google for some reviews.  I've always been an ASUS guy, but my next mb I may venture off and try something else... Me... I'd probably go for an X38 based rig today... but I'm good for a while w/ P965.

markclaysius -> RE: Help me choose ASUS Motherboards (12/15/2007 2:41:22 PM)

ok, thanks for the reply, however i want to have a DDR2 memory in my motherboard and there are two models i nid to choose for my processor, which are the P5E or P5E WS Professional, which of the two would you suggest is better?

(off topic)
and can i use either nvidia or ati graphics card on ASUS mobo such as P5Es having an intel or amd processor? Then what graphics would be more compatible with this CPU and mobo?

is there an AMD processor having the same performance with the intel core 2 extreme QX6850? thanks

Actually i am in a plan of building my desktop PC for gaming, video editing, design, and multimedia for US$1000-$1300. Anything you can suggest with regards to hardwares will be much appreciated. thanks

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI