IE 7 and Nero 7 (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Internet

Drewy -> IE 7 and Nero 7 (11/29/2007 8:20:31 PM)

Hi
I have been using Nero for sometime now. 3 days ago my system went down, I have formated the drive reinstalled everything and have tried to update Nero 7 with no luck. Each time I try to connect to WWW.Nero.com I get the message Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and must close. I have contacted Nero but all they offer is Nero 8. I have checked out Microsoft knowledge with no luck. Does enyone have any ideas what is going on. I would be grateful for any suggestions.

Drewy

SithTracy -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (11/29/2007 8:25:55 PM)

Try FireFox... see if you fair better with that... And if you don't need the bloat that Nero 7/8 bring, try some other applications like ImgBurn or CDBurnerXP... both are free.

Drewy -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (11/29/2007 8:38:43 PM)

Before I change anything I would like to get to the bottom of this. It really bugs me. (No pun intended)

Drewy

SithTracy -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (11/29/2007 11:52:02 PM)

Clear IE's cache and temp files and check your cookies...  I use FF... However, I just loaded it with IE7... It worked but it wants to load QuickTime (apple)... do you have a newer version of QuickTime installed?  No idea if that is it... just something to check.

Drewy -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (11/30/2007 3:31:56 AM)

Thanks for that. But as it a new install, all cookies,temp files and IE cache are clear and yes I do have the latest Quicktime installed.

Drewy

MP3Mogul -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (11/30/2007 5:31:20 PM)

It's a problem with your machine.

Make sure you have all the windows updates installed... uninstall IE7 and reinstall it.

Drewy -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (11/30/2007 8:54:09 PM)

Hi I have done a  new install of everything. (formated the drive). I don't think it's my PC but am stumped by this. I have un-installed Nero7 and still unable to get to the Nero site. Found another site and downloaded Nero8 trial version and low and behold was able to get to the Nero home page whilst there I downloaded latest Nero7 update. Uninstalled Nero8 and reinstalled Nero7 with the upgrade (7.10.1.0) and am now again unable to connect to Nero web site. I do have a legal copy of Nero7 complete with serial number puchased earlier this year and had been working fine until a few days ago. I cannot think what else to try. Now I have the update it is not important to get back to their site it's just annoying not being able to.  Thanks for your input. Am going to bed now and sleep on it.

Thank you.

MP3Mogul -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (12/1/2007 6:45:00 PM)

You don't perhaps have a firewall blocking nero's site do you?  Just a thought...

SithTracy -> RE: IE 7 and Nero 7 (12/1/2007 7:38:02 PM)

You running in Ad-blockers or have any toolbars installed with your browser?  Running any active spyware blocking tools?  What virus scanner are you using?  Perhaps disabling them might help isoloate the problem... I've got IE7 installed and keep it up to date, but use Firefox pretty much for everything.

I've got no issues here running Comodo Firewall Pro 3.0 (w/ Defense+ turned on), NOD32 3.0, and Super Ad Blocker 4.6... all on Windows XP Pro SP2.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI