Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives

SithTracy -> Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (6/15/2007 5:13:03 PM)

Tired of the Jmicron IDE controller on my board... I suspect Nero may not like it either... Once I get it I'll let you know what I think... I understand it is based on the Renesas chip... Looking forward to it.

Moonwolf -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/5/2007 1:50:00 PM)

I just got the LG GSA-H62L today.  I  had to order it from NCIX US/Canada. I really wanted the lightscribe version.  I'll be glad to see your results, since I'm just now building my system.  I, too, have heard horror stories about the jmicron chip.  Unfrotunately, my new board is an Abit AB9 QuadGT.  I think I'll get a SiL add-on card before I even try!

SithTracy -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/5/2007 4:26:42 PM)

Been too busy to do any scans (or burns for that matter), but CDRinfo did a review (link) on it.  I'll add my two cents as of today:
  • CD-R burning is not that great, but I have a Plextor and Pioneer for that (the DVR-212D is an impressive CD burner).
  • RIPLOCK!!!  Need I say more?!!?  Again the Plex and Pioneer fill in nicely here.
  • LG's firmware support just plain sucks.  That is my opinion.
  • I have seen other scans on DVD's, and it is what you would expect from LG as of late.  Great DVD burner.

SithTracy -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/8/2007 3:53:54 PM)

Scan from LG GSA-H62N

[image]local://upfiles/18656/543D5B51E0174FCC837118A404386BC4.png[/image]

qz33 -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/8/2007 9:58:48 PM)

Is the only difference between the N and L model Lightscribe?

SithTracy -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/8/2007 11:21:29 PM)

quote:

Is the only difference between the N and L model Lightscribe?
Yep!

qz33 -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/11/2007 12:46:45 AM)

SithTracy, have you ever tried LightScribe? If so what did you think?
Are tere any high quality media that is LightScribe compatible?

SithTracy -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/11/2007 8:51:01 AM)

quote:

have you ever tried LightScribe? If so what did you think?
Never tried it.  Did see some fabulous results, but it takes too damn long to make a LightScribe label.  This is where I look at the additional cost of light scribe media and evaluate time vs. money spent on an ink jet printer to label discs (no I don't have one of those either) and ink jet printable media.  LightScribe is a fad and a complete waste of money in my opinion... I am just not interested.  I use a Sharpie for the things I burn.  If I ever have the need for professional looking labels, I'll get a Canon or Epson printer that prints on ink jet printable discs.  At least then I would have color.

PeterPan -> RE: Ordered an LG GSA-H62N SATA Drive... (7/29/2007 5:59:40 PM)

SithTracy,how is H62n's cd error correction capabilities do you think?Cdrinfo says that it is poor but i wonder what you think personally from your own experiences...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02