New system time again... (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU

SithTracy -> New system time again... (1/11/2007 8:44:06 PM)

... and the researching has begun.  Right now I am looking at two system boards... and some history, I have been using AMD with nVidia nForce chipsets for a few years...

Mainboard 1:  ASUS CROSSHAIR
What can I say, I've been happy with nVidia/AMD for a while... Cost is not a huge factor to me and this thing looks like it rocks.

Mainboard 2:  ASUS M2R32-MVP
Wow, me, considering an ATI product... well AMD owns them now... and I gotta say... I'm not sure I need all the bells and whistles of the CROSSHAIR.  I never went with SLI on my current s939 nForce4 SLI board and I doubt I will consider it anytime soon.

Does anyone want to provide some input?  I've got a few months to decide... I'm looking at making the purchase in the April time frame.  Would love some feedback from some folks here.

Thanks,

SithTracy

alexmacris -> RE: New system time again... (1/19/2007 5:09:39 AM)

Are you looking for an Intel/AMD S775, AM2 or 939 socket?

SithTracy -> RE: New system time again... (2/4/2007 7:56:18 AM)

AM2, but I have not completely ruled out Intel S775.  The only thing that turns me off Intel is Asus and the JMicron IDE controller they are putting on the P965 based boards I have been looking at.  I am pretty much an Asus guy and probably will not consider anything but an Asus board.  The JMicron has problems sustaining/configuring DMA on optical drives... and I have a couple IDE based drives I would be putting on the system.

Right now, I am leaning towards the ATI based ASUS AM2 board.  I like the concept of Crossfire a bit more than my current S939 SLI board (nForce4).

SithTracy -> RE: New system time again... (2/9/2007 4:30:12 PM)

Anyone have any thing to say about the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP board?  Right now this has moved up on my list... I am not too impressed with JMicron IDE controller, but I plan on getting a PX-755SA and putting my LG GSA-H22N and BenQ DW1640 on the IDE channels and trying like hell to work out the issues.  Likely going to combine it with an Core2Duo E6600...  Tough for me to turn from nVidia/AMD, but AMD is in the process of going forward with a new socket and I decided not to wait.  Plus I have read the P965 is the modern 440BX chipset... My ASUS P3B-F was one of my favorite boards... It's still kicking at my kids grade school.  Anyone want to chime in???

SithTracy -> RE: New system time again... (2/13/2007 10:47:15 AM)

Went ahead with the ASUS P5B Deluxe/WiFi-AP board...

Also got 2GB of Corsair Dominator RAM (1GB x2), an ATI X1950 Pro, and a Core 2 Duo E6600... Pulled the trigger with NewEgg this AM.... now waiting for the UPS truck and time to put the new toy together.

scorpio -> RE: New system time again... (4/7/2007 9:21:25 AM)

ASUS bring us stability, but ABIT at least bring us stability !!!

Once you put ABIT in case you'll never think about something else, and, I see many ASUS mb and just a few ABIT. 

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI