Cloning PS2 hard drive...or at least get the games off from it (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles

WeaponX8238 -> Cloning PS2 hard drive...or at least get the games off from it (12/27/2006 1:38:59 PM)

Hi, is there any way to clone my hard drive to another one? Lately we've been hearing loud clicking noises coming from it and it sounds like it's going to fail. It also freezes sometimes during gameplay.

We're using HDLoader and I have tried to connect it via IDE and USB to my computer, but neither detects the data/games on it. I'm using Windows XP and when I go to Disk Management (since it's not shown in My Computer) it asks me to format the drive.

WinHiip can't read the hard drive either.

I'm sure it's still functional now since we just played it like 3 days ago. I just don't want to use it again without first getting the games off of it. Otherwise, we might have to reinstall all of the 40+ games that are on it now...which I want to avoid since it'll literally take hours to put back.

Anyone else experienced this before and know of a way to copy the games from this failing hard drive to another one?

Thanks.

SithTracy -> RE: Cloning PS2 hard drive...or at least get the games off from it (12/27/2006 11:50:47 PM)

Don't own a PS2, but I suspect the files are in a ext2/ext3 partition (Linux) that is why Windows can't see it and wants you to format.

Though I have never used it, VCOM has a product that might work called Copy Commander.  Seems fairly inexpensive.  I used System Commander from this company years ago and thought it was a pretty decent product.

blueghost -> RE: Cloning PS2 hard drive...or at least get the games off from it (1/9/2007 7:02:58 PM)

You can use winhiip.  You disconnect the old drive from the PS2, if u use hdadvance, you just place the new one there (on ps2) and start HDadvance you can also connect it on your PC and it will convert it ( I think so).   After, you connect both on you pc and use winhiip.  It will detectyou two drive and you can copy all ur image from the old drive to the new one. For HDloader, can't help, never try it.

heartbeat -> RE: Cloning PS2 hard drive...or at least get the games off from it (2/12/2007 2:48:26 PM)

It can easy be done with INSERT - download ISO file from http:www.helgec.dk/insert.iso - burn ISO file as boot image and make the tranfer with the command
dd if=/dev/you_source_disc of=/dev/your_target_disk

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI