Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware

TJArezzoS -> Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware (11/28/2006 5:09:23 PM)

I think  I upgraded my 4167B unit with the latest DJ13 firmware and now it reads/writes nothing. There were no errors whatsoever during flashing.

I'd like to know how can I solve this problem. I need you to point me to a good stable firmware for 4167B and to tell me how can I re-firmware my current drive ?

Thank you in advance!

SithTracy -> RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware (11/28/2006 5:50:13 PM)

Have you tried to re-flash with the same firmware?  You also might try looking at The Firmware Page.

TJArezzoS -> RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware (12/11/2006 4:15:16 AM)

I can't update it with any Firmware because when I try that, the DVD-unit is not recognised by the Firmware application. Is there any application that can reset the firmware or "downgrade" it to some old version? How can I make the firmware see the unit?

I specify that atm the unit is seen by the Windows XP OS and it even reads the CDs... i still want to firmware it... it now shows DL13 version when booting but is not seen by the firmware i upgraded it with.

Is there any special tool that can help me recognise the unit ?

SithTracy -> RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware (12/11/2006 7:49:30 AM)

Search The Firmware Page.  There should be links to the Dangerous Brothers firmwares for LG drives that allow you to back flash, cross flash, etc. 

TJArezzoS -> RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware (12/11/2006 12:03:36 PM)

thank you mate, that is a really useful link... I'll search through it and try to solve my problem.

cross56 -> RE: Salutations! I need advice on LG GSA-4167B Firmware (12/11/2006 8:23:14 PM)

Hi, I have this drive with the DL-13 firmware and my drive works flawless. I have 2 LG dvd burners, the GSA-4167 and the GSA-H10L and they both work flawless. The firmware you downloaded must have been bad or something. Because i'm using that firmware and it works great. I would try to force flash it with a different firmware or download the same firmware and try it again.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.171875E-02