Refurbed Monitors (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

Photo601 -> Refurbed Monitors (4/9/2004 8:39:11 AM)

I have been looking for a new monitor, either a 19" or 21". I have noticed there is a large contingent of refurbed monitors available. Is this a "You get what you pay for", or is a refurbed, grade "A" monitor a good deal? The prices seem really good...I was also wondering how the Viewsonic monitors in particular wear over time. I read some reviews on the Viewsonic that detailed it's not really a flat screen monitor due the tube being curved. How much does this impact the display while gaming?

vbguru_12000 -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/9/2004 9:16:56 AM)

With refurbed monitors, you take a risk. There is always a chance that it will die shortly after you bought it. Some however can be purchased with a short warrenty.

As to the curved screen, the only thing you might notice is slight eye strain. I personally have a 19" CRT (curved) and can't really notice anything, but some people say their eyes hurt after extended use.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/9/2004 5:29:31 PM)

Photo,

You near a BestBuy? You can get a Samsung SynchMaster (MultiSynch) TRUE flat screen 19" for 149.99 unless they are all gone, and they are brand new in the box.... I got 2 just last week at my local one.

vbguru_12000 -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/9/2004 5:54:19 PM)

You mean a LCD/plasma flat screen? or a CRT with a flat display? Because if it is the LCD/plasma that is an awsome deal!

Photo601 -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/9/2004 6:26:12 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

Photo,

You near a BestBuy? You can get a Samsung SynchMaster (MultiSynch) TRUE flat screen 19" for 149.99 unless they are all gone, and they are brand new in the box.... I got 2 just last week at my local one.

Actually, yes I am. I currently have a 17" Sony Trinitron monitor and I am pleased with it. Is the Samsung a true flat screen? I heard non flat screen monitors are harsh on the eyes and that Trinitron monitors are the better of the group.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/9/2004 8:26:15 PM)

Yes it is a "True" Flat Screen, with MultiSync.

Photo601 -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/9/2004 8:32:04 PM)

Mogul,

Sounds like the 'critics' don't know what they are talking about then.
Thanks for the information.

Laffin Assassin -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/10/2004 5:36:00 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by vbguru_12000

You mean a LCD/plasma flat screen? or a CRT with a flat display? Because if it is the LCD/plasma that is an awsome deal!

I don't know what Planet you come from but it ain't Earth if you think you can get a Plasma 19" for $149.99 !!! [:D][:D]

vbguru_12000 -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/10/2004 3:46:39 PM)

Yeah, I just looked on the BestBuy website and the LCD flatscreen is nearly $700. The CRT flatscreen is $199, but that is nothing special.

Photo601 -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/10/2004 3:52:54 PM)

Mogul,

Flat screens are not well suited for gaming anyway, are they? I heard they are catching up, but don't have the refresh rates or long term durability of CRT's.

MP3Mogul -> RE: Refurbed Monitors (4/10/2004 4:06:58 PM)

Depends on the Flat-Screen, if you meant the LCD or Plasma, you are correct, they don't keep up well, but thanks to faster improved graphic cards, and improvements on the LCD's/Plasma's they are catching up fast.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI