Nero 7.2.0.3b Update blues?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy

Esskie -> Nero 7.2.0.3b Update blues?? (5/1/2006 7:59:35 PM)

Hi There,
Has anyone else had any problems updating from Nero v7.0.8.2 to the current v7.2.0.3b I wonder?.

First time round I used the Update option in Nero Product Setup, after getting to the dialogue box with the 'Checking Engine', 'Optimizing Download', 'Patching' etc the update was downloaded & then broke into an installation.
All went fine until it was very nearly completed when it found the following, or rather couldn't find the following!;
Extracting Cab\1B05D29F.cab

CRC failed in Cab\1B05D29F.cab

Extracting Cab\1B13EAAE.cab

The installation just rolled back & ended up uninstalling my previous version too!?! lol!.

I then tried again using the 122Mb update file from http://www.nero.com/nero7/eng/nero7-up.php and I noticed the above in the cab extraction dialogue box near the end of the update. This time it never rolled back or uninstalled the previous version.

Going by a Cyclic Redundancy Check (CRC) would I be right in saying that the downloaded file may have been corrupted or worse and something at my end?.

It's a registered (pay & get emailed a serial no.) version of Nero being used & not the trial/un-registered.

Tbh, I like v7 a lot but with v6 I never had one ounce of grief whereas v7 has/is giving me a fair amount of bother!?.

Best Regards, Esskie.

SithTracy -> RE: Nero 7.2.0.3b Update blues?? (5/1/2006 8:23:09 PM)

Don't get me wrong, I like Nero and I'm sure they will eventually get the major bugs worked out, but I too have run into some issues with the latest release (still the MP3 thing is not affecting me)... I kinda Like Nero Vision, but with this release, it won't launch.  I have to kill the process because it lags.  Had similar installation issues as well, can't recall if they were exact.  Burning ROM works okay, and I use that most of all, but the current 7.2.xx release is not at all impressive.  Getting to be a bloated with junk that someone else already does better.  My fear, we'll have to wait until 8.0 until they get it right, but I will keep some faith... they have been pretty good in the past.

Esskie -> RE: Nero 7.2.0.3b Update blues?? (5/1/2006 9:06:59 PM)

Hi S-T (Do I know you from another forum or just here?)
Yeah, like yourself I love Nero as a burning app & have been using it for a good while now!, going back to v5.
After v6 (and updates) which was 'solid' imho, to version 7 I have to say I'm not too impressed by their efforts either mate [sm=bash2.gif].
I can't get Nero Vision to execute either my friend yet it shows in Task Manager as running!?, also Wave Editor & Nero Sound Trax haven't worked on this user account since installing Sony Acid Pro 5.0 a couple of weeks back yet Wave Editor, & I presume Sound Trax work on both my son's accounts, one of which is a guest account the other with admin's rights.

It does seem to be a bit "bloated" these days mate huh!?, just looking at whats on the start menu, I mean how many actual shortcuts do you need?. Seriously though, I dunno what you think about Nero Home? but although it looks nice & Media Centre'ish it really isn't required. There's nothing you can do with it that can't be done elsewhere.

quote:

My fear, we'll have to wait until 8.0 until they get it right,

Well I hope theres not too many more 7.x.x.x releases before then mate!!

Btw, can you upgrade through Product Setup?, I cured my problem in the last post but only by logging into 'My Nero' & d/l'ing the update again & updating manually as in not with Product Setup.

Regards, Esskie.

box3000 -> RE: Nero 7.2.0.3b Update blues?? (4/14/2007 1:37:31 PM)

[:D]Hey ,just had trouble installing nero again.CRC failed.........Tried everythink.new download,chech it,antivirus....you nknown.There is problem with o/s.So either new install of the o/s or I unpacked it on another pc-cancel install now copy the temp install from loacl temp fodder to the pc were you what it -in the same folder.........run it all is will.It worked for me.Try it or reload o/s.Ps.........what a pain in the ass.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI