CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing

hoosier -> CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (3/17/2004 9:29:08 PM)

I own a one-year-old (CENDYNE labeled) LITE-ON LTR32123S CD-RW WRITER that came with a Nero 5.5.5.6 bundled CD-ROM. Everything worked beautifully on my old computer using Windows 98. My new Dell computer uses Windows XP. Nero Burning Rom installs properly and works just fine. However, when I try to install InCD I get this message: "InCD works under Windows 95 OSR2/98/ME/2000 only". In Nero's own web site it says that In-CD works with Windows XP. Can someone please tell me what is wrong?

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (3/18/2004 10:52:42 AM)

As further info, the following is an exact quote from the nero.com web site:

Which Nero version do I need for windows XP?

The first version of Nero Burning Rom which supported XP was Nero
5.5.5.1. So you need to have Nero 5.5.5.1. or later.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (3/18/2004 5:42:43 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (3/18/2004 5:57:29 PM)

But, minos, I already own Nero 5.5.5.6 CD-Rom that works fine for burning. Nero.com says this version should work with XP, so why should I have to buy a new version. Well, I guess the "why" is that the In-CD on my CD-Rom will not install on XP. I bought my writer just last year, so it seems like the bundled software should work with XP (which has been around several years).

dburg -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (3/22/2004 4:37:58 PM)

I do not have to purchase a new software. InCD 4.1 upgrade is offered for free by Ahead to user of Nero 5.5 with InCD 3. Just download InCD 4.1(.5.10) installer from nero.com, and install it on the windows system where you have nero 5.5.

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (3/22/2004 11:52:24 PM)

I would like to try your suggestion, except for two things: 1. I have found a page that contains the following "Here you can find the actual program version numbers of our software products ----------
InCD 4.1.5.10", but there seems to be no way to download from that page, and 2. I have been trying for over a week to download several guides from nero.com but I keep getting the "page cannot be found" feedback.

dburg -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (3/25/2004 6:46:12 PM)

You can find InCD 4 download links at:

http://ahead.de/en/update.php?pak=5

If you notice 404 http error or other webpage errors while browsing our website, please report them to webmaster@nero.com so he corrects them ASAP.

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (3/27/2004 3:32:01 PM)

Thanks for your reply deburg. I have just sent the following email to webmaster@nero.com:

"I am unable to download anything from your web site. I have tried over the space of several weeks and I always get the "The Page Cannot Be Found" popup. I have no trouble with downloading from any other web sites. I have Windows XP, I allow cookies from nero.com, I have no popup stopper program installed and I disabled my virus protection. Nothing has worked. Can you tell me what the problem might be please?"

dburg -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (4/12/2004 3:22:57 PM)

Likely he will request the exact link that gives you the 404 error and the link of the page where this broken link can be found. (At least, this is what I would ask ;-) )

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (4/12/2004 3:56:44 PM)

What he did was send me an attachment of the InCD4 Guide that I was able to open and save. But otherwise, he sent me more file addresses all of which only got me the "The page cannot be displayed" pop-up! I have since gone on to Nero6 so my need for Nero5.5 material is gone. However, I still would like access to Nero6 material (for guides and updating), but again I say I am unable to download anything at all from the nero.com web site.

dburg -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (4/16/2004 1:58:49 PM)

Can you post here the link of the pages where you found broken links?

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (4/16/2004 2:36:41 PM)

David, If I understand you correctly, these are the links I was given by Arne Gessner (nero.com sales) that I was unable to connect to :

ftp://ftp7.us.nero.com/nero6316.exe (package 1)
ftp://ftp4.us.nero.com/nve2120.exe (package 2)
ftp://ftp7.us.nero.com/incd41510.exe (package 3)
ftp://ftp9.us.nero.com/neromix14020.exe (package 4)

Laffin Assassin -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (4/16/2004 2:53:14 PM)

Well I have just done a test on all the 4 Links you have posted and everyone Works so I suggest you check your Internet Explorer settings or if you have a Virus Program or a Firewall running check them as well !!! [:)]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (4/16/2004 5:15:05 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (4/16/2004 5:42:13 PM)

Laffin: I have shut-off my antivirus and firewall programs and still cannot download those files. And I download something almost every day, without any problems, from " diverse and sundry" web sites.

Minos: What "file download option" might you be referring to please?

And BTW, I am getting multiple email notices that I have received a reply to this thread. I suppose this may be because I thought I needed to check "subscribe to this topic" each time I enter a reply?

Thanks guys for sticking with me on this puzzle.

hoosier -> RE: CD-RW Fans: Why Won't "InCD" Install in Win XP? (4/16/2004 8:31:49 PM)

Aha! Dawn breaks anew! I had never seen either the My Subscriptions link or the subscribe/unsubscribe icons on any of the forum pages I perused. I have now discovered that I had allowed cookies for "cdinfo.com", not "cdrinfo.com", which apparently caused this to happen! So I was unaware that I was multiple subscribed to several topics, this caused by thinking I had to check the subscribe box each time I replied to a topic. Everything is clearer now.

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI