Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

major9686 -> Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/27/2006 4:39:34 AM)

Ive got to choose between
Western Digital 200GB 7200rpm 8MB Buffer S-ATAII HDD
Western Digital 250GB 7200 rpm 8MB Buffer S-ATA II HDD
Western Digital 250GB 7200rpm 16MB Buffer S-ATAII HDD

which one should I pick ? is there a difference between the 16MB and the 8MB ? (its just an extra of 15nis which is like 4$)

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (3/27/2006 7:30:51 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

major9686 -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/27/2006 10:07:45 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: minos

I would go for the third option.[;)]

ok :)

I would need to install the windows on this drive right ? cause its better from my current WD 80GB IDE 8MB Cache right ?

SiliconFreak -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/27/2006 10:09:24 AM)

...me 2...[8D]

More RAM never hurts....and if nothing else...you will get few bytes faster transfers...and all that for only $4? Dont wait...GO FOR IT! NOW! [:D][:)][;)]

And about windows....if you can...then it would be better yes, cause its faster that your old one (although not very much, but still)...or you can format your old one and use it for win only...and have everything else on 250GB drive...because otherwise....over time...your boot times and everything will also get longer, because of other files and fragmentation...but if you defragment on i.e. weekly or at least monthly basis...then it wont matter....then put it on 250GB HDD....[:)][;)]

major9686 -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/27/2006 1:01:46 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SiliconFreak

...me 2...[8D]

More RAM never hurts....and if nothing else...you will get few bytes faster transfers...and all that for only $4? Dont wait...GO FOR IT! NOW! [:D][:)][;)]

And about windows....if you can...then it would be better yes, cause its faster that your old one (although not very much, but still)...or you can format your old one and use it for win only...and have everything else on 250GB drive...because otherwise....over time...your boot times and everything will also get longer, because of other files and fragmentation...but if you defragment on i.e. weekly or at least monthly basis...then it wont matter....then put it on 250GB HDD....[:)][;)]

ok .. this wont be like the graphic card prob. ha ha ..
this thing is a must .. I cant continue burnin 2 dvds every day .. ;)

tomorrow or the day after tomorrow I will let u know what Ive done :)

SiliconFreak -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/27/2006 2:23:04 PM)

Hahaha...hopefully not huh? [8D][:D]

But...dont you worry about me...do what you think is best for you....afterall its your money and everything....all I can do is to give you my opinions and thoughts...[;)]

And I also know that 80Gb is todays minimum....so if you're able to get this 250GB Hdd for a fair price...I would say BUY IT NOW! [:D]

Finally..let me know...so that we will be able to continue The NeverEnding Story (just like with gr.card....hahahhahaa - well hopefully not....LOL)....[:D][:)][;)]

SithTracy -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/27/2006 3:06:29 PM)

quote:

Western Digital 250GB 7200rpm 16MB Buffer S-ATAII HDD

This one gets my vote as well...

quote:

More RAM never hurts....

Yes it can... can hurt your wallet!!!  I got 2GB now of LL Corsair, and it was pricey.  You can save bucks on cheaper stuff, but I would go with 1GB LL ram over 2GB of the cheap stuff especially if you are editting video.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (3/28/2006 12:08:32 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Antonio -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/28/2006 12:12:45 AM)

250GB HD is too much for having the OS on it. I believe that since you will store a lot of files on it the 250 HD if for any case you'll need a fresh OS installation either you need two particions or better keep the 80 for the OS only.

major9686 -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (3/28/2006 9:37:44 AM)

so to keep the OS on the 80GB ?
ok ..
I was in the store today .. they didnt had it ..
they will have it on sunday ..

major9686 -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (4/5/2006 2:15:19 AM)

well ...
I bought it (Western Digital 250GB 7200rpm 16MB Buffer S-ATAII HDD) yesterday ..
It still empty at the moment ;)
hmm .. I got it in a bag .. thats all .. no floppy .. no cables .. no booklet of instruction ..
nothing ..
israel sux !
good thing that at least mother boards and video cards I can get in the retail package with all the goodies :(

SiliconFreak -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (4/5/2006 2:48:21 AM)

...so what are you waiting for? Connect it....make some 2 or 3 partitions (or leave just 1 if you like it more that way)...then format it....and start using it...afterall thats why you bought it , right? [:)][:D][;)]

major9686 -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (4/5/2006 5:59:48 AM)

quote:

...so what are you waiting for? Connect it....make some 2 or 3 partitions (or leave just 1 if you like it more that way)...then format it....and start using it...afterall thats why you bought it , right? [:)][:D][;)]

well Ive already connected it yesterday ..
but it empty .. I will leave it as 250GB .. for mostly MP3 TV shows and anime .. and my graphic files :)

SiliconFreak -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (4/5/2006 6:26:33 AM)

Ok...totally your choice to make (I would make at least 2 partitions...but...like I said before...you are the Boss...[:D]).

I just wish it will serve you well for many many years...thats all![;)]

And finally...what about GC? Still waiting for 256bit memory bus? [8D][:)][;)] (just kidding...[:D])

major9686 -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (4/5/2006 6:31:53 PM)

quote:

Ok...totally your choice to make (I would make at least 2 partitions...but...like I said before...you are the Boss...[:D]).

I just wish it will serve you well for many many years...thats all![;)]

And finally...what about GC? Still waiting for 256bit memory bus? [8D][:)][;)] (just kidding...[:D])

no ..
I actually wait for Oblivion to arrive here first ..
no regular nor collector edition version here :(
it sux .. I hate this country !

SiliconFreak -> RE: Choose between 3 Hard Drives .. (4/6/2006 12:54:41 AM)

Not there yet? [&:] Order from abroad then...[;)]

In 3 words....IT IS GREAT![:D][;)] (and if I tell you this...then you can multiply those 3 words by 1000 and you will get answer for you about greatness of this game...because I am generally not a fan of this types of games...but this one really caught my attention....and many hours/days of my time...[:)][;)])

Best luck! Hopefully it will arrive in Israel soon, too![;)]

Page: [1] 2   next >   >>

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI