Need Help Upgrading My Firmware (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware

Yuengling -> Need Help Upgrading My Firmware (2/10/2006 5:45:57 AM)

Okay I am now forced to update my firmware which doesn’t bother me too much I think I can handle it (I hope) lol… from what I gather I found the correct firmware for my drives… and should I also upgrade my DVD-ROM as well as my burner or just upgrade the burner? The reason why I am asking is because certain media isn’t being noticed in my DVD-ROM… i.e. why I think that needs updating as well.  If someone can please shed some light on this for me as well as to double check that I located the correct firmware for my drives.  Oh and I know what firmware version is on my DVD-RW and its really old should I upgrade to the newest one or go sequential and upgrade the next one until I reach the most recent firmware update (i.e. I have v2.16, should I upgrade to v2.17, v2.18, v2.19 then v2.1A or just upgrade to v2.1A). It will be greatly appreciated if someone can help… thank you for taking the time to read this as well as any help I receive.

quote:

DVD-ROM:
Pioneer DVD-ROM DVD-116
http://www.pioneerelectronics.com/pna/service/support/article/0,,2076_4249_47221,00.html

quote:

DVD-RW:
NEC DVD-RW ND-3500AG
http://www.cdrinfo.com/Sections/Firmware/SingleModel.aspx?DriveId=998

Antonio -> RE: Need Help Upgrading My Firmware (2/10/2006 6:41:21 AM)

Most times I keep the firmware on my drives up to date, however it depends on the changes. Do you know what changes does the newer firmware for your DVD-ROM?

Get the latest firmware, this includes all the previous changes, for example if you have the v2.16 go straight to the v2.19.[:)]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (2/10/2006 6:49:12 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (2/10/2006 6:51:38 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Yuengling -> RE: Need Help Upgrading My Firmware (2/10/2006 6:31:39 PM)

Thank you both for the fast responses and for double checking the firmware I found for my drives. So the correct ones for my drive(s) would be… 116v122A.EXE for DVD-116 and 2.1A for my ND-3500AG. Now if you can help reassure me that I am going to do this correctly … I make sure to disable one drive via device manager while I update the other drive and vise versa then just follow the instructions on the firmware update app… correct?

Antonio -> RE: Need Help Upgrading My Firmware (2/11/2006 7:02:30 AM)

Update the one drive first and as soon as you reboot your system flash the second. The files you have are .exe so you just run them.[;)]

Yuengling -> RE: Need Help Upgrading My Firmware (2/12/2006 11:12:56 PM)

Thanks once again for the fast response… I think it would be a good idea and would like to backup my firmware before I go changing it… I believe I found an application "NecDump 1.2.3" to help me backup my firmware for my burner but I don’t know how to save it for my DVD-ROM… is there any programs out there to help me to do this?

NecDump 1.2.3

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI