New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing

webe123 -> New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (2/9/2004 9:10:45 PM)

OK, I just bought a new LG burner that is made in china from wal-mart. It is a 52x32x52 speed CD Burner. I noticed that it is also Mt. Rainer compatible, yet in the posts I have read, I have found that Mt. Rainer is so new, that it probably won't have it's full potential realized until Longhorn makes it's appearance on store shelves! I was wondering.....how do you go about using Mt.Rainer?? Do you have to have some kind of software for it or something?? Or can you just use drag and drop without any software??(My burner came withn Nero Express) I have used Direct CD for years, but I am wondering about this new technology! Can anyone answer my questions about Mt.Rainer?? By the way, the burner with tax only cost about $54.00!! So if it holds up, that is not a bad deal!

sp -> RE: New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (2/10/2004 2:04:22 PM)

At this moment you can use plain old packet writing software.

webe123 -> RE: New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (2/12/2004 12:36:24 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by sp

At this moment you can use plain old packet writing software.

Do you mean use plain old packet writing software for Mt. rainer?? I don't see how regular packet writing software will do this! Please elaborate!

Matthew -> RE: New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (2/13/2004 6:11:37 PM)

Mt. Rainier support is creeping in to packet writers.

InCD 4 can do it, maybe 3.5 as well - not sure if it's made it to DirectCD 6 (or whatever they call it)

http://www.roxio.com/en/support/ecdc/version_history.jhtml#534

DirectCD got Mt. Rainier support at 5.3.1 - that's something I didn't know before, not having a Mt. Rainier capable drive.

sp -> RE: New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (2/15/2004 10:29:25 PM)

Thank you Matthew for the information.
I think this is what I was trying to point out in my earlier message, not knowing if I was 100% correct.

dburg -> RE: New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (2/17/2004 10:56:30 PM)

And as you have a Nero Express with your burner, you can install InCD 4 for free.

adelphia83 -> RE: New LG Burner with Mt. Rainer?? (2/29/2004 12:06:47 AM)

Can someone please explain the advantages to Mt Rainer support?

I've got DirectCD 6 (drag to disc in Roxio ECDC 6) installed. It makes no mention whatsoever of using Mt Rainer technology. I go into format, and it says it uses the UDF filesystem.

I can see no differences between this version, and the older version of DirectCD that didn't use Mt Rainer. What gives? I'd like to know the latest technology is at work, how can I benefit from this new technology? Thanks in advance.

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (2/29/2004 2:31:23 AM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI