laser lense help (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

susyw28 -> laser lense help (1/10/2006 7:57:23 PM)

Hi all!

I'm new here...and my question isn't pertaining to computers or dvds...I need help with my daughter's Karaoke machine (don't laugh)!

It was working just fine, but now it wont read any cd's. I don't know if I should clean the lense with something, or if she pushed down on the cd or the lense itself and bent it! Help! Any suggestions???

Thanks!

Sus

Antonio -> RE: laser lense help (1/11/2006 2:06:20 AM)

What model is it, just to make an attempt.[:D]

susyw28 -> RE: laser lense help (1/11/2006 5:15:54 PM)

ok...the unit is made by The Singing Machine style # SMG-188

Antonio -> RE: laser lense help (1/12/2006 1:37:48 AM)

Is this the device?

[image]local://upfiles/22578/1156D67FC76E4AFF946387603EB09677.jpg[/image]

It won't read any CD you insert or you have some specific CDs. What I want to say is that is it possible the CDs you have to be scratched? Those CDs you tried are they playable on another device?

susyw28 -> RE: laser lense help (1/12/2006 9:20:10 AM)

That IS the device.....but....it won't take any cd. My daughter opened three new cd's and none of them work...but they work in a regular player...and the cd's she was playing before don't work now. It just reads "error" for everything. [:@]  I've tried unplugging the unit to "reset" it as the instructions say. Other than that the manual has no suggestions.

Thanks again!
Sus

Antonio -> RE: laser lense help (1/12/2006 10:08:46 AM)

If there was any port for PC connection it would be great, a firmware flash for the drive might help in that case,but I think it doesn't have such connection.

You can try to clean the lens as you firstly said, I have read for similar cases, but make sure to be gently with it.[:)]

If this doen't helps then the CD is gone and the only solution would be contacting its manufacturer.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.757813E-02