Cable Modem, split to Tv. (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Internet

easyray29 -> Cable Modem, split to Tv. (1/9/2006 11:04:45 PM)

If you have cable on hooked up to your Pc, can you split it to have it for your Tv? If you can run it to your Tv, how many channels will you get and will my cable box work on it?

MP3Mogul -> RE: Cable Modem, split to Tv. (1/10/2006 6:23:05 AM)

Yes, I have mine split from where it comes into my house, before it runs into my cable modem, and I get 125 channels (no pay channels), but my company charges for basic cable with the cable internet!

SiliconFreak -> RE: Cable Modem, split to Tv. (1/10/2006 6:25:52 AM)

I dont have cable internet, but from what others (that do have it) told me, you can surely watch TV and surf the web...so no problem....dont worry...[:)] And about how many channels will you be able to watch on your TV?...well...that is entirely up to your Cable ISP (whether to give you 10,100 or 1000's of channels to watch [8D])....so you need to ask them about all this...cause it varies from ISP to ISP....[;)]

Good luck and see you around....

SF.[;)]

Dartman -> RE: Cable Modem, split to Tv. (1/14/2006 8:32:58 PM)

I have split mine too, only problem I have is when signal drops because of water or bad cables etc somewhere down the line, then my modem drops out and tv picture is bad. Last time that happened they told me my line and modem was fine. I had to disconnect the extra tv cable by the modem and it had just enough signal to handshake and work again till whatever it was resolved itself, then I hooked the extra cable back up.  

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI