How safe is to upagrade a firmware (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware

Nocia -> How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/4/2006 6:52:07 AM)

Hi,

please, I wish to know if it is safe to upgrade my asus dvdrw 1608p firmware.

my asus 1608p have firmware vesrion 1.0.2 and cannot recognize any dvdr+ or dvdrw+ blank media like tdk.

if  I upgrade the firmware to a newer version can I return back to the old version ?

I thanking you very much in advance.

nocia

MP3Mogul -> RE: How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/4/2006 2:56:19 PM)

Yes you will still be able to flash back if you need to for some reason.  I would get the latest firmware and flash it.  By the way, you can get the latest firmware:  1.57 here.

emperor -> RE: How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/5/2006 3:18:51 AM)

Upgrading firmware is safe, unless something really bad happens, like a power cut during the upgrade procedure

Antonio -> RE: How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/5/2006 3:22:12 AM)

Everytime you flash a drive there is a small risk, especially if you don't have a UPS. If the power goes down then...[sm=angel1.gif]

But it depends on how important is for you, if you have problems for example with some discs then it is necessary.

Personaly I do it all the time and never had issues.

Nocia -> RE: How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/5/2006 11:50:26 AM)

good aftrnoon,

I wish to thank all of you whom replied to my earliest post.

I have tried to upgrade my asus dvdrw 1808p through nero's update utility but unfortunately this was not possible due to an error.

I have tried again to upgrade the firmware just few minutes ago but again there was an error.

Can you help please ?

It seems that there is a problem with the asus web pade - download firmware updates.

I thanking you very much in advance.

Regards,

Nocia

Antonio -> RE: How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/5/2006 12:28:57 PM)

"...I have tried to upgrade my asus dvdrw 1808p through nero's update utility..." What exactly do you mean?

Check again at ASUS official website, otherwise below:

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?category=4&manufactor=6

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (1/5/2006 12:32:16 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

Nocia -> RE: How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/5/2006 3:04:05 PM)

Hi again,

many thanks for your kind replies.

I have downloaded the firmware and it is ok now.

nero express have a utility for updating asus firmaware under extra menu but it seems tha asus web page had a download problem.

Please, can you tell me how I can flashed back my original firmware 1.02 in the case that I wish to return back to the original factory firmware.

I have tried to find the original firmware 1.02 but I couldnt be able to locate any download site.

many thanks in advance.

nocia

Antonio -> RE: How safe is to upagrade a firmware (1/6/2006 7:08:16 AM)

http://forum.rpc1.org/dl_firmware.php?download_id=2029

I think the 1.02 is not available for downloading. What would you do with such an old firmware? There is no need of it.

As for downgrade the firmware on an ASUS drive, I don't know if the ASUS flash utility allow this and in that case you might need the bin file of the firmware.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI