Help need or suggestion would be appreciated (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

ah bao -> Help need or suggestion would be appreciated (12/13/2005 2:00:11 AM)

Hey guys here is my problem,  I hope I posted in the right forum if I didn't I apologize.  Recently my computer whenever I start up it always go to Chkdsk on my HDD.  Not sure why?  I have Windows XP Pro.  And a 250gb HDD partitioned into 3 sections and E being my biggest section is the one always getting check by Chkdsk everytime. Any suggestions or help would greatly be appreciated.

Thanks again!!!

emperor -> RE: Help need or suggestion would be appreciated (12/13/2005 2:30:48 AM)

i also have this issue sometime, have you updated windows? there was some issue with NTFS partitions[8D]

ah bao -> RE: Help need or suggestion would be appreciated (12/13/2005 2:39:07 AM)

I haven't updated in awhile... i should probably do that... i'll report back after i do... but if this keeps going ... is there a chance my HDD would crash??  i mean... how probable would that be? I googling this problem and found SpinRite 6.0... i've wonder have you (emperor) used it? or anyone out there would care to shed some light on this.. it's not freeware just to let you know...

and thanks again for the help emperor

Antonio -> RE: Help need or suggestion would be appreciated (12/13/2005 2:41:14 AM)

Do you have by any chance the boot disk on a controller?

ah bao -> RE: Help need or suggestion would be appreciated (12/13/2005 2:47:18 AM)

I think I do the tech that setup my computer when I got it made me one... but I am by no means computer literate....  so I don't know what to do even if i had it with me....[:'(]

ah bao -> RE: Help need or suggestion would be appreciated (12/13/2005 3:14:52 PM)

well... the problem is gone... i used Norton Disk Doctor and scanned my whole drive... and it seemed to fix the problem for now... thanks again for the help..

ah bao -> Help!!! once again (12/18/2005 12:02:40 AM)

Thanks for your help before.... but now I'm having trouble watching some fan subs... the problem is when I'm watching the anime my subtitles that appear on the bottom gets cut off... it doesn't seem to stretch far enough... I don't know what the problem is and have tried uninstalling my programs to make them work... I'm using K-lite mega codecs.  Which comes with bsplayer, media player and an abundance of codecs... if anyone can help me or provide me with some suggestion it would be greatly appreciated... thanks again...

Antonio -> RE: Help!!! once again (12/18/2005 6:24:09 AM)

Are those DivX movies?

ah bao -> RE: Help!!! once again (12/18/2005 6:48:29 PM)

actually they are xvid files... and some are divx files... but i didn't have this problem before?? what could be the problem??

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI