Which mod chip? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles

mtrivs -> Which mod chip? (12/30/2003 10:02:41 PM)

hi,
I am looking at the magic 1.3 and the magic V modchip. I want one that doesnt need a swap disk or anythig for dvd-r backups. I want a cheap one too (less than 25 bucks). I need to know what type of wires to use as well as the type of solder. What dvd-r media I should use. I wanted to see what u guys thought about these mod chips. I dont really know what version ps2 I have either.

Thanks!!

Tron -> RE: Which mod chip? (12/31/2003 4:00:15 AM)

Well that is the first thing you have to determine. You HAVE to know what version PS2 you have. Most Mod Chip sights have a tutorial on how to identify your unit. As for what Mod Chip to get, there are a few other posts in here talking about the chips....

mtrivs -> RE: Which mod chip? (1/1/2004 1:58:47 AM)

I believe I have a version 4, 5 or 6 ps2. The magic 3.1 is compatible w/ all versions so i think i am getting that one. I was wondering if it will play my cd-r, dvd-r, and original ps2 games. Also, do you guys know what brand dvd-r media and what type of wire to use with the chip. what kind of chip do you guys have? do you like it? how much does it cost? I am not sure on what do get for my needs, could you help me please.
Thanks,
mtrivs

sp -> RE: Which mod chip? (1/1/2004 4:43:13 PM)

Our team considers Taiyo Yuden (That's) the most compatible DVD-R discs on the market today.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI