Problem installing 'Cinepak' codec (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Video

Debbie2525 -> Problem installing 'Cinepak' codec (11/25/2005 9:43:13 PM)

I'm trying to record my VCR tapes to my PC to convert into DVD format.

I'm using a Hauppauge WinTV tuner. I also have a ATI 9800 Pro video card installed.   I’m able to record the video using the WinTV 2000 program into AVI format with no problems but when I import the AVI file into Adobe Premiere and pull the video down to the timeline to edit it does not show the thumbnails like it should.   I tried bringing in one of the Adobe sample files and thumbnails showed up fine. When I look at the format of that file it is compressed using ‘Cinepak by Radius’   I have tried to setup the WinTV for ‘Cinepak codec for Radius’ compression but when I try to record I get an error message that says:  “Warning: Video compressor not compatible with video format compressor ignored during capture”   I have updated the ‘iccvid.dll’ file and this didn’t help. I read on one web site that I needed to go to my ‘Windows add/remove programs’ and install the multimedia.  I don’t have this option listed.

Is there another compression format I can use or maybe a different program I can edit the video in and then convert it to DVD format.
  Any help is appreciated,

Thanks, Debbie

Antonio -> RE: Problem installing 'Cinepak' codec (11/26/2005 8:50:24 AM)

In control panel you'll find this "add or remove programs" function.

Debbie2525 -> RE: Problem installing 'Cinepak' codec (11/26/2005 12:10:14 PM)

Thx, but reading my post above you will see that I already tried that.

Debbie

Debbie2525 -> RE: Problem installing 'Cinepak' codec (11/26/2005 4:53:10 PM)

I found a fix....

I was able to use 'Divx' compression my TV Tuner could record in and Premiere would bring the thumbnail in correctly so it is converting just fine now.

Thanks,
Debbie

Antonio -> RE: Problem installing 'Cinepak' codec (11/27/2005 8:02:35 AM)

But you said "... I don’t have this option listed..."[:)]

Debbie2525 -> RE: Problem installing 'Cinepak' codec (11/27/2005 2:03:14 PM)

Sorry if that was mixed up.

I do have the Add/remove section, I just don't have the "Multimedia" option in my 'Add/remove Windows Component' area.

I was able to get the DVD created but the thing I'm coming up with now is the size of the display are.

I will ask this question on another post.

Thanks,
Debbie

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02