WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles

febt13 -> WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/12/2003 1:42:57 AM)

Please HELP! I have a PS2 and am having problems watching certain DVDs. For example there are some DVD's that I watch that have excellent picture quality and colour and then there are some DVD's where there is NO colour. What is the problem? and what do I need to do to watch all my DVD's in colour?

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/12/2003 3:44:08 AM)

That sounds like the movies are actually in PAL and you probably need them to be in NTSC. Of course, since these would all be LEGAL backups of movies you already own, or originals, you would already know that by looking at the back of the movie box and seeing what format they are in, right? [:D]

febt13 -> RE: WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/12/2003 4:09:09 AM)

These were DVD's borrowed by a friend. They were in black & white when I played it in my PS2. So, what do I need to do to be able to watch these DVD's in colour. I don't really understand PAL and NTSC -- can you explain how they work?

What do I do?

MP3Mogul -> RE: WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/12/2003 4:56:22 AM)

Yes, they are different formats to display on your screen, on your DVD Player...... Simply choose "setup" on your stand alone DVD player, and you will see both options.

Jimmys -> RE: WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/12/2003 11:46:42 AM)

From my knoweldge back to the ps1 console the same problem occured when trying to play an ntsc game on a pal console.The solution to that problem was a single cable to convert the ntsc signal to pal.I suppose that the specific cable exists for the ps2 console too and that it would be avaliable on shops selling consoles and games

febt13 -> RE: WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/15/2003 10:31:26 AM)

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

Yes, they are different formats to display on your screen, on your DVD Player...... Simply choose "setup" on your stand alone DVD player, and you will see both options.

What do you mean stand alone DVD? You mean the PS2? There is no set-up option in the PS2 remote. Please explain.

MP3Mogul -> RE: WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/15/2003 12:55:41 PM)

Yes, I was referring to a stand alone DVD player, not the PS2

Clint -> RE: WHY R SUM DVD'S NOT IN COLOUR? (11/20/2003 1:02:15 PM)

Dolphin is correct. The opposite is happening to me. NTSC DVD's are displayed in B&W on my PAL PS2. I think a good mod chip like a Messiah 2 Pro or DMS v3 or something will fix it for you...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI