HELP! installation for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2915 MINI-PCI 802.11A/B/G (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

dinosaur -> HELP! installation for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2915 MINI-PCI 802.11A/B/G (9/10/2005 4:03:09 PM)

I have a Lenovo Sunrise 150, after installing the card and driver the system detected the hardware and said it was working fine(hardware manager in the control panel). However, the wireless card is in the disabled state and everytime I go to the control panel and enable it there's an error message saying that it cannot be enabled unless the external wireless switch is turned on. I tried using the on and off switch located on the side of the laptop for the wireless function, but there is no response. When I went into the BIOS setting there were no option for enabling or disabling wireless device. I'm suspecting the external on/off switch is not properly connected with the wireless card, does anyone know how to solve this? thx

TauriPhoenix -> RE: HELP! installation for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2915 MINI-PCI 802.11A/B/G (9/26/2005 6:15:07 PM)

Well, a screwdriver and a soldering iron would fix it if the switch is just broken. But that would, to put it mildly, void your warranty. So, a repair shop is likely the answer.

tqhoang -> RE: HELP! installation for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2915 MINI-PCI 802.11A/B/G (9/27/2005 5:06:50 PM)

Stupid question, but did you connect the antenna to the card?

On my Dell C840, the only thing I had to do was install the mini-pci card and connect the antenna to the factory-installed antenna wire.  Then I installed the driver CD (9.0.1, but 9.0.2 is available for download).

dinosaur -> RE: HELP! installation for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2915 MINI-PCI 802.11A/B/G (9/28/2005 1:40:30 PM)

Thank you all for your replies, yes the antenna is installed properly, even in the device manager in the control panel saids this device is working properly. The only thing not working is the switch, I even installed the driver for the button (called EasyButton) and the computer is detecting the button, since there is a display message everytime the switch is turned on. However, when I attempt to use the wireless network, a message pops up saying "please turn on the external switch" and the wireless LED is still off.

tqhoang -> RE: HELP! installation for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2915 MINI-PCI 802.11A/B/G (9/28/2005 8:00:00 PM)

Do you have the latest BIOS for your laptop?  I tried looking around but Lenovo's site didn't seem to have a support/download section.

dinosaur -> RE: HELP! installation for INTEL PRO/WIRELESS 2915 MINI-PCI 802.11A/B/G (9/29/2005 12:19:24 PM)

Unfortunately the lonovo website does not have any bios updates available for download, they don't have any computer outllets outside of China for services either. I contacted their online support many times and they were fast and nice; however, weren't of much help. I'm suspecting that there might be jumper caps that needs to be adjusted or some other settings to actually connect the switch with the mini PCI port; but they haven't released any information regarding adjustments to hardwares. Unlike Asus or Dell their manual only includes info regarding general usage of the computer, such as the location of the switch and operation system usage. tqhoang, thank you very much for your help, the problem seems to be more challenging than I first thought. I'll try and ask a computer shop or wait until I pass by China someday...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI