burn two disks (DVD) at once (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Copy

tived -> burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/21/2005 1:30:14 AM)

Hello guys and gals,

My apologies if this has been asked before but the search didn't bring me any luck, neither did google, execpt a mac thread and I am using PC so I am not sure if it applies.

Anyway, my question, is it possible to burn data to two different drives/disks(dvd) at once, like being able to burn all mp3 to dvd drive N and burn backup of documents to DVD drive L at the same time.
If it is possible, what do I need, two programs (got the two drives!) anyone?

ohh, be gentle, this is my first post!

thanks

Henrik

Iggy -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/21/2005 2:53:22 AM)

I have done it several times. I have a burner on the secondary ide channel set as master and a second one on an external case. I open two different Nero windows and burn without problems. I do this at 4X but I don't know what will happent at higher speeds. This I can tell you is make sure you have RAM on your PC more that 256Mb since in my case Task Manager reports, while burning, close to 400Mb.[:)]

tived -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/21/2005 3:41:04 AM)

Hi Iggy,

thanks for that very fast reply - i will give it a try - ram![8|]!! about 8gb [:D] You da man

Henrik

tived -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/21/2005 3:52:10 AM)

Thanks again Iggy,

I just fired two Nero6 up and off we go at 8x speed, though one has a low buffer level (second session)

I knew that was a good reason to have two, they are both Pioneer DVR-109 internal, running off the same bus (cable) and it is about 10min for one DVD at around 4gb each

thanks heaps! you saved the day I got another 400Gb to back up!

Henrik

PS: each session is using about 104mb of ram (using winXP x64)

Iggy -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/21/2005 4:00:35 AM)

Most times, this way, I use RW media and I have never try higher than 4X. If you see buffer level getting to low choose a lower speed. Hard Disc speed and condition is also importand.[:)]

Flash -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/21/2005 4:04:17 AM)

I do this on a regular basis with more than 2 burners
I use Record Now Max 4.5
You need to take note of the following
All burners and source drives need to be on independent IDE channels except if copying OTF when the reader can be a slave to the writer.
All burners need to be the same make and preferably the same model otherwise the buffer underun protections clash
There will be some slow down in burning dependant on your PC specifications so I advise not to try & burn flat out
Of course you will need extra IDE controllers to achieve this & I recommend the ATA100 with the CMD/Silicon Image 0649 chipset which I find is the most compatible with more DVD burners. The ATA133 Silicon Image 0680 chipset NON RAID version will work with some DVD burners but I have found severe restrictions with it. There may be other suitable controllers and there are definitely a lot of unsuitable ones.

tived -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/21/2005 8:26:38 PM)

Hi Flash,

Once I got things going, there was no problems, the buffer picked up and was in the 90's for the four disks (2x2) I burnt.
and this is with both drives on the same cable!

thanks

Henrik

emperor -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (7/25/2005 5:40:44 AM)

if the devices are connected to different IDE channels, then you won't have any problem burning at two DVD burners at the same time

dapapers1 -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (2/13/2007 10:00:58 PM)

Hello I know this has been asked before but I have a Compaq 866 MHz with 256 memory I have a DVD rom and DVD burner internal to my computer and I have a external USB dvd burner. I run Nero and Roxio on my unit. I was wonder what is the process i would need to be able to burn 2 dvd with my burners, using only one DVD rom. or would I have to burner to an image or what I havent a clue so please bear with me

bruce110 -> RE: burn two disks (DVD) at once (4/5/2007 2:24:51 AM)

Thanks for this information.very useful information.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI
1.953125E-02