Encrypting Audio Cd's (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio

wxm22 -> Encrypting Audio Cd's (7/12/2005 6:34:39 PM)

hi,
i've been  looking on the net for information about encrypting audio cd's.
i mix my own cd's and because cd burners are so common, they get copied alot and i was wondering if i add encryption to them? Like cds and dvd's in the shops?

any help would be greatful!
thanks.
Mark.

Iggy -> RE: Encrypting Audio Cd's (7/13/2005 1:53:46 AM)

Welcome!

I have heard for such utils but never used any. Maybe someone with more knowledge to help you.[:)]

SiliconFreak -> RE: Encrypting Audio Cd's (7/14/2005 8:37:51 AM)

I also never used such utils, sorry...[8|]

...but....take a look from other side...even if you encrypt your music...dont think that this will prevent your CD's from being copied all over (at least if they proove to be a potential big earners). You need to know that hackers and crackers are always a step ahead...or at least walking hand in hand with manufacturers of such encryption software....so i dont believe that this protection will last for long...but...if you believe its worth to try....then why not...go ahead and let us know later of the results...[:)]

oh...and Welcome to the forum![;)]

SiliconFreak.

p.s.
Dont think that i support illegal activities like copying or anything...its just that i am being realistic...and the point is...that so far...NOONE has find some unique 100% protection against copying,viruses, spyware,adware,and everything else....so i dont believe thats gonna change soon. [&:][:@]

Good Luck with Your protection and I wish You get many many buyers of Your CD! btw...what genre is the music that you make?

wxm22 -> RE: Encrypting Audio Cd's (7/14/2005 10:45:53 AM)

Thanks for the replies.
I know it wont stop people copying cd's, but it will confuse and stop some people... who dont no how to get around it. (even though its easy)!

I make dance music CD's, scouse house, hard dance bouncy house.. etc.

SiliconFreak -> RE: Encrypting Audio Cd's (7/14/2005 6:46:36 PM)

WOW!

Is there some freeware-promo CD available? PM me if the answer is positive... Btw...you may encrypt it if you wish....cause i wont copy it...i promise...it would be for my own satisfation...[:)][;)] (and if I like it much...I will recommend you to everyone interested so they would contact you in case they want their CD's - for your market price offcourse) [:D]

Have a nice day/night.[;)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI