ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU

eleajar -> ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/28/2005 12:09:19 PM)

i got only problems with this ****in mobo... I just made an update to the 1010.001 beta bios version, and it won't start now.

ASUS DECIDED TO DESTROY ALL MOBOS AROUND THE WORLD WITH THIS BIOS UPDATE???
[:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@][:@]
this is the worst motherboard ever made by any manufacturer...

i will surely go get an MSI or ABIT next time

SithTracy -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/28/2005 12:51:29 PM)

Relax -- contact ASUS for support and get a replacement eeprom.  I make a point to avoid beta bios updates.  Shoot, v1009 is not even out yet.  Also, They have a new update tool -- v1.11 you can get it from the DE FTP site.  Their web site sucks for obtaining anything current.

Also, their is an excellent forum for the A8N-SLI I suggest you look at:
http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/topic/38623/

eleajar -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/28/2005 9:30:26 PM)

i just hope that it's the mobo's fault and not anything else. I tried a different VGA card, a different CPU, and i had the same problem. I haven't checked the RAM modules, but i think that if any of these were faulty, i should at least get an error message or an error sound, or something...

but i get nothing[:(]

SithTracy -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/28/2005 10:19:36 PM)

If you did it during a bios flash, it was either a bad image or a flash gone bad.

emperor -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/29/2005 4:58:15 AM)

that is what may happen when using beta firmware updates, might want to call the service center and ask for an EEPROM replacement, i don't know if ASUS has a protection again wrong flashing like other manufacturers do

eleajar -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/29/2005 5:05:23 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

If you did it during a bios flash, it was either a bad image or a flash gone bad.

i tried to flash it with the ASUS Update utility, and with 1010 beta firmware version, and the ASUS update utility check was correct and the BIOS flashing was completed succesfully... and then, it needed to restart[:@]... this is where all went blown away...

However, the BIOS image file was downloaded from the original global ASUS site, and the checksum of the image file was OK. I also did a ClearCMOS but still...........[:@]

the worst thing of all is that i was using the PC for my work, and now ASUS got me loosing money day by day.[:(][:(] This goes for the "stability" and "reliability" of ASUS mobos[:-][>:][sm=11.gif][sm=20.gif][sm=banghead.gif][sm=brutal_01.gif][sm=matrix03-coolemoticons.gif][sm=matrix03-coolemoticons.gif]

P.S. i already sent them an email at advance.rma@asus.com.tw

eleajar -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/29/2005 5:07:26 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: emperor

that is what may happen when using beta firmware updates, might want to call the service center and ask for an EEPROM replacement, i don't know if ASUS has a protection again wrong flashing like other manufacturers do

yes, i know... this is what syth already suggested...[>:]

CoolBreeze -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/29/2005 5:43:39 PM)

same prob here, but a CMOS reset did the trick. if that didn't work, get a replacement. i don't think they will give u a eeprom, propably they'll give u a new mobo

i changed mine with an MSI SLI platinum, and i had no problems ever since. and i got more features than the asus crap

kogos -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/31/2005 12:58:24 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: eleajar
i tried to flash it with the ASUS Update utility, and with 1010 beta firmware version, and the ASUS update utility check was correct and the BIOS flashing was completed succesfully... and then, it needed to restart[:@]... this is where all went blown away...

However, the BIOS image file was downloaded from the original global ASUS site, and the checksum of the image file was OK. I also did a ClearCMOS but still...........[:@]

the worst thing of all is that i was using the PC for my work, and now ASUS got me loosing money day by day.[:(][:(] This goes for the "stability" and "reliability" of ASUS mobos[:-][>:][sm=11.gif][sm=20.gif][sm=banghead.gif][sm=brutal_01.gif][sm=matrix03-coolemoticons.gif][sm=matrix03-coolemoticons.gif]

P.S. i already sent them an email at advance.rma@asus.com.tw

check your PMs, and don't worry. your problem will be shorted soon...

MP3Mogul -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/31/2005 6:15:13 AM)

I've been using nothing except Asus motherboards for years, and I must say, that I have "NEVER" had a failure with one of their boards.  They are always made with "top notch" components, and engineering. 

I'll stay with them, not a problem here!

eleajar -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/31/2005 12:20:29 PM)

i don't know what u guys did, but i got a call from asus just now. the problem was the AsusUpdate software, and for your knowledge, they advice to use the dos updater, and not the windows-based updater. the local distributor will send me a new eeprom, but it might take a while... anyway, let's not say much until the replacement is here!

many thanks to cdrinfo team, u rock[8|][sm=12.gif][sm=12.gif][sm=12.gif][sm=12.gif][sm=12.gif][sm=12.gif]

SithTracy -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/31/2005 4:53:47 PM)

I would never trust a Windows updater.  I'm old school; I'll always keep a 3½" DOS 6.22 bootable floppy in my tool kit.

MP3Mogul -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (5/31/2005 5:57:52 PM)

Same here as well... I don't even flash my DVD/CD ROM/WRITERS with Windows unless there is no other way.

Sith:  Nice Destroyer Artwork!

Iggy -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (6/1/2005 2:11:12 AM)

I am also happy with my 925XE Asus although it should be more stable.  The truth is that I use Asus' utility for the updates and till now I had no problems.

emperor -> RE: ASUS A8N-SLI. Worst mobo ever??? (6/5/2005 7:41:23 AM)

i have used windows updaters, at least with my older MSI 865Neo2 motherboard and never had problems...

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI