what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Other] >> Game consoles

krazykevoseed -> what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (8/6/2003 9:53:38 AM)

what type of dvd-r's will work on the ps2? I heard verbatim will but is very expensive but will tdk dvd-r's work

thx [:)]

sp -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (8/6/2003 4:43:27 PM)

They should most probably work.
Always try a couple of discs before buying large quantities:))

dragon456 -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/1/2003 11:41:40 PM)

I've got an HP dvd burner, and the Slide Card from Modchip.com. It will play original japanese games. I have burned a copy of a game, but when I use the slide card, the only thing I get is the loading screen forever. So while it is a copy, it is a non functional one. What have I done wrong? email is the best way to contact me. Even if you're telling me I'm retarted. silerm@hotmail.com

Jimmys -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/3/2003 12:29:39 PM)

Hello
Are your sure that your back-up game is not working?
I don't know about the slide card chip,so i advice you to test the back-up game on another modchiped ps2 console with a more trusted chip like the messiah

dragon456 -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/3/2003 10:18:05 PM)

The silde card isn't actually a chip, it is a swap trick like action replay 2. The card part just allows you to remove and replace the disk without the ps2 restarting. But the game is silent hill 3 and when it loads up with the slide card, it doesn't load all the way. It just stays on the loading screen that says "Silent Hill 3" and nothing happens. I tried loading a saved game from the original, and then put the copy in, but every time I tried going into a new area, it would try to load the area forever. Just stayed on the area load screen forever. So the data is obviously there, it's just having trouble accessing it. I used a DVD+R, so maybe that has something to do with it.

rjw -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/8/2003 10:42:59 AM)

What model are you usseing. (SCPH - XXXXX)
I mean the number behind the SCPH

Dolphinius_Rex -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/8/2003 11:21:03 AM)

From what I've heard, different PS2 revisions handle different media VERY differently. Generally the PS2 is considered to be one of the pickiest DVD devices around. I know some people that consider the "PS2 test" as a way of checking the quality of a recordable DVD. I'm not sure if this really works in practice though...

rjw -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/8/2003 3:12:33 PM)

Got myself a V9 SCPH-50004(Which is the new european version) a couple of days ago.
The good points of this model are supposed to be the new pick-up from Sanyo. (Officially now DVD+R and DVD+RW are suported)
So far it could read any disc I put into it.

THe only downside is that there is NO Modchip yet for this model.

Laffin Assassin -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/8/2003 4:53:04 PM)

The Messiah 2 v1.31 has been tested and works with the V9 SCPH-50004 but On the v9 the EJECT button has been wired to the Messiah 2 RST point because the RESET button always turns off the PS2 rather than allowing it to disable the Messiah 2 !!! [:)]
So basically you hold EJECT for 5 seconds (till the electrons whirl and you hear the sound) and games boot or movies play when you press EJECT again to close the tray (the browser flashes into view first)!!! [:)] You can also tap RESET instead and the PS2 remains disabled !!! [:)]
This is the first published tests on Messiah 2 v1.31 from ps2newz released by charlie_ps2 who works for Messiah 2 team and sell their modchips !!! [:)]

rjw -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/9/2003 6:33:03 PM)

Only problem is that the chip still needs to be made in mass volume.
If everything goes right then volume shipment starts tomorrow. At least that was the latest rumour I heard. So the better modchip stores should have it next week.

Laffin Assassin -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (9/9/2003 9:10:09 PM)

Why is it a problem if it is out tomorrow there should be no problem !!! [:)]

pnonso -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (10/26/2003 5:38:03 AM)

The slide card only works with imports! It will NOT boot up any of your copied games! If you want to get the copied games to work get a mod chip.

pnonso -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (10/26/2003 5:48:13 AM)

DVD-R/W prices are steadily dropping... I was just at Office Depot and saw a DVD-RW for 209.00$! Also, the prices of DVD discs are dropping.

pnonso -> RE: what type of dvd-r will work on the ps2? (10/26/2003 5:50:01 AM)

Oh ya. I believe all DVD-R copied games should work fine assuming you have your ps2 modded.[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI