SLI or not SLI? this is the question! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU

eleajar -> SLI or not SLI? this is the question! (5/13/2005 6:47:26 PM)

i already have an asus sli motherboard, but i have the chance of exchanging it with a nForce4 ultra motherboard (both asus). what should i do.

i can keep the the sli motherboard, with 2 6600GTs on it, or i can get a non-SLI motherboard with an ATI x850XT. I am totally confused cause i can't find any clear answer on this on the web.[:(]

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (5/13/2005 7:08:36 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

eleajar -> RE: SLI or not SLI? this is the question! (5/13/2005 7:13:47 PM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Ionian

Are you really searcing for an aswer on the web?
The answer is in your mind. Don't spend much since prices reduce constantly.

You can make a "reduction" and earn money.
"Hi I have a pentium 4 3000 and I want to degrate it to Pentium 1 200"[:D][:D][:D][:D]

no no no. i won't have to spend any extra cash. i can exchange it for free with a friend of mine!

Deleted User -> [Deleted] (5/13/2005 7:23:36 PM)

[Deleted by Admins]

SithTracy -> RE: SLI or not SLI? this is the question! (5/13/2005 9:42:12 PM)

Agree with Ionian -- Keep the SLI.  I'm not using both slots now... Just one PCIe 6600 card.  I'm waiting for prices to come down.  I'm a cheapskate when it comes to games 'cause I don't get a lot of time to play them.  On call every couple of weeks for the job and I have two young girls like like to help daddy play....  I'll get Doom3 when Doom4 comes out!!!

Also, one might assume I am a Star Wars fan... Looking forward to KotOR II.

emperor -> RE: SLI or not SLI? this is the question! (5/15/2005 3:33:24 PM)

i am still not 100% convised about the performance of SLI cards, maybe when prices will further go down i might consider adopting it, since will require a change of my motherboard

Guest -> RE: SLI or not SLI? this is the question! (5/16/2005 3:50:31 AM)

if i was buying a new system now, i whouldn't go for SLI. The two GPUs will need more power to work, and I should by a good PSU. So, considering the price of a good PSU and of 2 GPUs, it's almost the same price as buying a normal system with a high level graphic card. [:@]

but since you already have an SLI system, just stick with it and no bother changing it.[:D]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI