nforce4 prob (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> Motherboards/CPU

Guest -> nforce4 prob (5/10/2005 7:53:38 AM)

what the hell is going wrong with me? i can't enable the nv firewall on my nforce4 mobo. How the hell can i do that. ?

SithTracy -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/10/2005 10:05:49 AM)

What is your motherboard?  And if it has dual-nics, are you using the one that supports it?  I am going to assume you've downloaded the lastest drivers for the nForce4:  http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp2k_6.53

Also, this is a very well run forum, but not sure your going to find a lot of nForcers here.  You may want to go to this forum and post your questions:  http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/community/forums/

emperor -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/10/2005 11:37:52 AM)

grain what exactly is your problem? Have you tried the latest nVidia driver pack which Sith mentioned above?

Guest -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/13/2005 3:33:57 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

What is your motherboard?  And if it has dual-nics, are you using the one that supports it?  I am going to assume you've downloaded the lastest drivers for the nForce4:  http://www.nvidia.com/object/nforce_nf4_winxp2k_6.53

Also, this is a very well run forum, but not sure your going to find a lot of nForcers here.  You may want to go to this forum and post your questions:  http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/content/community/forums/

i habe the Asus A8N-SLI deluxe mobo, and it has dual-nics, a marvell-yukon (or something) and the NV Ethernet. I was trying hard to enable it on the NV ethernet (think NV stands for nVidia[;)]). But no luck until know. I was using the asus drivers, and i also tried the nvidia drivers. but again no luck[:@]

SithTracy -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/13/2005 6:21:44 AM)

Great board, that's what I have...  Use the nVIDIA driver kit.  Disable things in the BIOS you aren't using and update your BIOS to 1007 (not that that will fix it - It's just best with this board which I consider to still be very fresh).

Verify that you are using the nVIDIA nic and once you have extracted the 6.53 driver kit, perhaps you should go back and (re)install (in case you accidentally bypassed it during the setup):

C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\6.53\Ethernet\NAM\NetworkAccessManagerSetup.exe

Guest -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/13/2005 7:07:52 AM)

reinstalling the 6.53 driver fixed the prob. thanks sith

eleajar -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/13/2005 7:32:58 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: SithTracy

Great board, that's what I have...  Use the nVIDIA driver kit.  Disable things in the BIOS you aren't using and update your BIOS to 1007 (not that that will fix it - It's just best with this board which I consider to still be very fresh).

Verify that you are using the nVIDIA nic and once you have extracted the 6.53 driver kit, perhaps you should go back and (re)install (in case you accidentally bypassed it during the setup):

C:\NVIDIA\nForceWin2KXP\6.53\Ethernet\NAM\NetworkAccessManagerSetup.exe

i have the same motherboard as you folks here. with the 1007bios version i had some problems with the DDR frequency setting. I have two OCZ 512MB Platinum DDR-RAM and i show that the default setting for the DDR frequency is set to "AUTO". In auto mode, the frequency was 330 and not 400MHz. Manually changing the setting to 400MHz and rechanging to "AUTO" fixes this problem, and the 400MHz frequency remains.

Just mentioning it for users with the same motherboard

SithTracy -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/13/2005 9:04:47 AM)

1007 bios did mess up some memory issues when set to Auto.  I had similar issues and had to set mine manually... No big deal, but I hope it is fixed in the forthcoming 1009 bios.

[edit]
Sorry, there is a 1008 bios out, but I have not tried it yet to see if it resolves memory issues.

eleajar -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/13/2005 6:44:00 PM)

i think the 1008 version is onyl beta. am i right?

SithTracy -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/13/2005 9:35:20 PM)

No 1008 came out today... I still have the memory issues and have to set manually.

Guest -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/16/2005 3:54:28 AM)

i tried the 1008 version. When i overclock my system, DDR frequency is lowered automatically, and there is no wasy to change it back to 400MHz. This happens only when the system is overclocked!

eleajar -> RE: nforce4 prob (5/18/2005 9:55:00 AM)

same with 1003 and 1007. but i don't think this is a prob, since you are already streching up you mobo by overclocking the cpu[:)]

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI