MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> Audio

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/30/2003 6:41:05 PM)

Hi there everyone, i just signed up here, tis my first post. I am not really new to burning but im getting into it more then ever now and have a few things id like to iron out so i can get the best outta what i burn. I guess first i should list my stats.

Duron 600
384MB RAM
HP CD-Writter Plus 7500 Series (external but i pulled it out of the case and made it internal)
running Windows XP Corp
and
Samsung DVD/CD/MP3 Player Model #DVD-S221 (stand alone dvd player)

Problem one:
MP3 CDs for dvd player
I have tried and tried to burn some mp3 cds to play in my samsung. i have read the dvd instruction manual and met their req's. and it still doesnt doesnt work.

They state:
1.Your MP3 files should be ISO 9660 or JOLITE format.
2.When naming your MP3 files do not exceed 8 characters, and place ".mp3" as the file extention.
3.Use a decompression rate of at least 128kb/sec when recording MP3 files.
4.Your DVD player only accepts one level of file directory.

I have burnt like 7 cds that meet these reqs and they still dont work, it sees them, and starts to play them, but it skips jumps and plays 2 min of a song then silence, every song, i am stumped, i dunno what else i can do. ive converted them to wav and back again, making sure its 128kb @44,1KHZ, ive tired burning them in both ISO 9660 and JOLIET. Ive burnt with, Nero, roxio, and a few burning progs designed specifically for burning mp3cd and nothing. the dvd player does say it plays mp3s and it is cd-r/rw compatable. oh and ive tried DAO and TAO Finalized. is there anything im missing here???

Problem two:
Audio CDs
My second problem, which is a new problem for me, and im not sure why, is that when i burn regular audio cds, they come out sounding like vinyl, hissing popping and *****ling, ive never had this problem before. The mp3s im burning are perfect quality, no noise problems, but after they are on cd, the first few tracks are fine then it starts in with the popping, any ideas on this???

*looks at MP3Mogul*

Thanks in advanced

MP3Mogul -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/30/2003 10:02:32 PM)

Thank you for the detailed info in your post, this is very helpful, and weeds out alot of questions, right off the bat...

Basically after reading about your DVD/MP3 player, it only accepts mp3's that are in the /root directory of a CDR/CDRW, it does not read into folders.

You also stated that you have burned both TAO and DAO. Always burn using DAO, this produces the best possible results.

Did you encode the MP3's yourself? If you did, which encoding program did you use to encode them? I personally recommend using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) with the LAME encoder, as this produces superb results. Alot of stand alone programs that have their own encoders do not generally produce good sounding (hi quality) mp3's.

I'm glad you stated you have Nero. Analyze the MP3's that you hear popping on with Nero's wave editor function. There are hiss/pop removers built into Nero's wave editor, that you can take them out.

Finally, burning speed is essential, knowing your processor of your PC, I would not attempt to burn these discs above say an 8X recording speed.

Happy Burning!

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/30/2003 10:25:26 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

Thank you for the detailed info in your post, this is very helpful, and weeds out alot of questions, right off the bat...

No problem [:D]
quote:
Basically after reading about your DVD/MP3 player, it only accepts mp3's that are in the /root directory of a CDR/CDRW, it does not read into folders.

It does do one level of folders (Example the Manual gives: Classical, Rock, Rap) It just doesn't support folders in folders. And it doesn't specify how long the folder names can be.
quote:
You also stated that you have burned both TAO and DAO. Always burn using DAO, this produces the best possible results.

Gotcha
quote:
Did you encode the MP3's yourself? If you did, which encoding program did you use to encode them?

Originally got them off of the net, but they were all different bitrates so I converted them all to WAV and then back again to mp3, using Razorlame, which btw is also causing me problems now. lame.exe keeps crashing and im not sure why.
quote:
I personally recommend using EAC (Exact Audio Copy) with the LAME encoder, as this produces superb results.

I was using Razorlame, again, lame.exe keeps crashing now.
quote:
I'm glad you stated you have Nero. Analyze the MP3's that you hear popping on with Nero's wave editor function. There are hiss/pop removers built into Nero's wave editor, that you can take them out.

When I listen to the mp3s on the computer, they are fine, its only after they have been burnt to cd (as a regular audio cd) that its staticy. Is this because of the mp3? or the burning process? Will the wave editor still fix this?
quote:
Finally, burning speed is essential, knowing your processor of your PC, I would not attempt to burn these discs above say an 8X recording speed.

My burner can only burn at 1x and 2x anyway so no worries about that i would think, unless that might be part of the problem???

Matthew -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/31/2003 5:31:01 PM)

Modern CD-R media is not well-tuned for 1x/2x speeds - check the Dolphin's reviews for RITEK media, as that seems to be ok at all tested speeds (down to 4x).

Try copying an Audio CD, and if that plays badly, then that proves that the player doesn't like the burn, rather than any MP3 encoding problems.

If you're recording media that's been hanging around for a while, it could have deteriorated.

If only one player has difficulty, it might be that it is less tolerant than anything alse .... I've always been dubious about (on a data burn) verifying in the writer, as unless it REALLY messed up, a writer can usually read its own burn, even if it's VERY marginal.

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/31/2003 6:13:30 PM)

So it could be the burner itself cuz its too slow?
never had a problem with it before. Im using Memorex brand CD-Rs, same brand ive always used.

MP3Mogul -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/31/2003 6:57:12 PM)

Most definately.

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/31/2003 7:38:16 PM)

Ok, hmmmmmmmmm, well, two things come to mind here.

1. what if i were to buy, Memorex cds that are not, high speed cds, the ones i got now are 48x multi speed cds, but i think i can find some that are slower, like 12x.

2. Probably heard this a million times, and have sites n stuff about it but what cd writer that supports cdrw aswell, do you guys recommend? im on a very tight budget, but i think ill be able to spring for a new burner. I saw that Best Buy (local Electronic store) has Memorex cdr/rw burners for 80$, any thoughts? good, bad, maybe?

MP3Mogul -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/31/2003 8:54:24 PM)

If you're at Best Buy, get the Plextor... LiteOn is a good choice in that price range also. For a few $$ You can get the Plextor Premium at Best Buy.

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/31/2003 8:59:26 PM)

Does Plexor/LiteOn, support overburning and such?

MP3Mogul -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (7/31/2003 10:51:05 PM)

Yes, both do

Matthew -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (8/1/2003 11:05:31 PM)

If you can find it, you might try the 7500 to 8100 conversion firmware - this adds 4x capability (though not always 100% good - it's not certain if the mechanism - a Sony CRX100 downrated to 2x write, and with an extra LED - is really 100% for 4x, or if this was a use of mechanisms that were reject at 4x)

One other possibility - try some LOW SPEED CD-RW - 1-4x / 2x / unmarked (not Memorex) media - if that works fine, then it's proof positive that the burn is just not good.

It's possible the drive is on the way out - CD-RW drives live fast and die young - or rather, a level of deterioration that would be tolerable in a reader, is unacceptable in a writer.

Have you checked your burns with Nero CdSpeed - www.cdspeed2000.com - if they show abnormally high errors (and given the kind of errors that this test responds to, ANY are worrying) then there's your problem.

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (8/2/2003 8:14:39 PM)

is Plextor PlexWriter PX-W4012TA any good? 40x12x40 73$

MP3Mogul -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (8/2/2003 9:40:46 PM)

Yes, that would be a fine drive for your money, but with ULTRA SPEED discs out, I think I would at least opt for one that rewrites at 24X instead of 12x.

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (8/2/2003 9:43:18 PM)

quote:
Originally posted by MP3Mogul

Yes, that would be a fine drive for your money, but with ULTRA SPEED discs out, I think I would at least opt for one that rewrites at 24X instead of 12x.

Ty, i think this one will do fine tho, since i have had this HP writter, for 3 yrs or so, ive never used a rw disk, so taking ur thoughts about 24xrw, i m not really concerned, but again, ty for ur help its is GREATLY appreciated

MP3Mogul -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (8/2/2003 9:44:58 PM)

No problem, glad to be of help.

_-xX-Lonewolf-Xx-_ -> RE: MP3cd/Audio cd woes [xx(] (8/2/2003 9:46:55 PM)

I have just placed my order for the plextor, cant wait till it gets here. im praying that its the burner that is going bad, but if not, then i guess i got a low speed and a high speed burner now, lmao.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI