saving files onto InCD drive (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing

Gswiss -> saving files onto InCD drive (4/15/2005 12:49:46 PM)

My colleague is running InCD 4.3.11.1 under XP-SP1. Nero 6.6.0.8 is also installed. When using Explorer to add or delete files to and from the InCD drive, everything works fine.

When we try to save a Word or Excel 2003 file directly to the InCD drive, we get a message saying the operation is not possible. This is also true when we attempt to save an Incredimail message attachment to that drive.

However, if we save those files to any other disk and then copy them using Explorer to the InCD drive, the operation is successful.

emperor -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (4/17/2005 1:35:43 PM)

The author of InCD frequently asnwers to users problems, so wait a while [:)]

Iggy -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (4/18/2005 1:51:03 AM)

It is possible to be the folder where the files you are trying to copy to be something like protected.

Gswiss -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (4/18/2005 8:46:07 AM)

Under Incredimail, Word and Excel, I do a simple "Save as" and specify the InCD reader (the root). And the hang is immediate.

In my drag and drop under Windows Explorer, I take those same files and drop them directly over the InCD reader letter. Exactly the same operation as above.

Iggy -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (4/18/2005 11:49:56 AM)

I can't tell for sure but is this something that can be done? I haven't heard of it.

Gswiss -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (4/21/2005 1:47:40 PM)

I came across the following item :
" saving your work first to the computer HD and then copying the file to your CD should work (it does).
Reason: In office 200x and XP Office creates a dynamic link directly to the document. It lets you recover the document in case of power failures or so. It uses the temporary image of the document using the pointers and dynamic link it had created earlier, much like your xp restore scenarios. By copying the file first to the hdd you make a static link in the hdd and thus can be written onto the CD".

So that could explain why the direct save is inoperable.

dburg -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (5/6/2005 2:46:22 PM)

Directly saving Word file to InCD media should work. Word uses particutal file system access, plus many temp files, but we added the support of these about a year ago in InCD.

As Gswiss reports this is not working with the InCD 4.3.11.1, I am currently trying to reproduce the issue.

dburg -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (5/6/2005 4:36:52 PM)

Testing InCD 4.3.14.1 on Windows XP SP2 with Word 2003 SP1, I could save my word files directly to a CD-RW formatted with default settings from InCD, edit the file, insert object in file, make temporary save and a final save. All worked fine for me. I couldn't find any issue.

Gswiss -> RE: saving files onto InCD drive (5/10/2005 7:58:20 AM)

I'll give it a try with InCD updated to 4.3.14.1. Will be back to you on Friday.

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI