DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (Full Version)

All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> DVDInfoPro

zebra -> DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/9/2005 5:12:08 PM)

Hi all,

Well, it is time to go public once again. Today we are happy to announce that DVDInfoPro is now supporting NEC.

NEC has provided commands and requested the function be added into DVDInfoPro.

A new version is now in beta and will be released for testers shortly. In the meantime, an important point:

i. This function will support NEC ND-35xx class hardware and greater, 25xx are unsupported at this stage

ii. A NEW FIRMWARE IS REQUIRED. These commands will not work with your current firmwares

iii. If you are interested in beta testing, you should contact me (zebra) directly, via PM here

We look forward to bringing you the next wave in error reporting features!

Z.

emperor -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/10/2005 7:21:45 PM)

[:)][8D]

zebra -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/10/2005 10:46:34 PM)

Hehehe. I think a thanks is in order, to you Empy. :-D [:)]

Nelson8 -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/11/2005 2:08:03 AM)

ii. A NEW FIRMWARE IS REQUIRED.
quote:

ii. A NEW FIRMWARE IS REQUIRED.

As in lastest f/w ?[8|]

nicw -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/11/2005 3:32:24 AM)

Folks,

As Zebra may have already told you, we were contacted by NEC to include scanning for their 3500 drive in DVDInfoPro.

Here is a screen shot of the NEC PI/PIF scanning routine I am working on. I am trying hard to get this ready by the next release which should be around 17th March. The routine needs a new firmware which is unreleased at this time, I expect NEC to release this soon.

Please liase with Zebra for beta testing of this routine, I am have been very busy working on other versions that you may or may not have heard about yet. [;)]

cheers
NicW

[image]local://upfiles/17007/628C53849530418C8BE63131F5E018CA.png[/image]

emperor -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/11/2005 5:41:49 PM)

Yes NicW we have read the good news and hopefully NEC will release the official firmware to test PI/PIF soon

nicw -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/11/2005 8:24:41 PM)

Thanks, I notice someone who's name escapes me (Slimes???) has stated on another foruem that Roxio and DVDInfoPro are a good combinaton.

He is quite right, Roxio is owned by Sonic who licenced it for both companies, (and have their own version too), They are the makers of THE BEST software for DVD on the market today, does anyone know of software better than Scenarist? Doubtful, there is no better software.

I am happy and proud to be linked with such fine companies.

cheers
NicW

zebra -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/11/2005 10:15:19 PM)

Agreed, Nic. This is a good opportunity for all concerned. It is the logical progression of the software.

Onward and upward! Times will become exciting for us all! [:)]

Matthew -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/12/2005 3:36:50 PM)

So, it looks like DVD Info Pro will be the second program to get NEC scanning, after CDspeed (and the "please give us scanning, NEC" campaign on Cdfreaks) ... did NEC listen, or were they going to do it anyway? - certainly on Cdfreeaks, the line often taken when anyone asked was:

1. The Liteon can scan
2. The NEC is a better writer but it (at the time) couldn't scan
3. The Benq is a better writer than the Liteon (don't know about the NEC), and it can scan.

Levelling the field, it would appear that CDspeed will support at least some of the Pioneers (perhaps generically, as they use an NEC chipset).

So it's now down to your preference in presentation - I suppose the next thing will be DVD Info Pro getting the ability to write a test disk and record/redisplay the speed and drive used.

emperor -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/12/2005 5:29:22 PM)

Probably Nicw, can support many new tests now that has some support from Roxio [:)]

nicw -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/13/2005 7:00:48 AM)

Here is another scan on the latest iteration of the NEC 3500 Routine. The disc was a Verbatim 8x DVD-R, burned on the NEC 3500 using the new firmware 2R8 and burned at 12x, then scanned back on the same drive.

The routine is ready for Beta testing as soon as we get permission to distribute the FW to testers. Those who want to test can apply via Zebra, who will filter and make a short list for me to approve.

Cheers
NicW

[image]local://upfiles/17007/F714048D6C6549AE911C443D33646A31.png[/image]

nicw -> RE: DVDInfoPro team announced PI/PIF support for NEC ND-35xx models! (3/13/2005 7:08:39 AM)

quote:

ORIGINAL: Matthew

So, it looks like DVD Info Pro will be the second program to get NEC scanning, after CDspeed (and the "please give us scanning, NEC" campaign on Cdfreaks) ... did NEC listen, or were they going to do it anyway? - certainly on Cdfreeaks, the line often taken when anyone asked was:

1. The Liteon can scan
2. The NEC is a better writer but it (at the time) couldn't scan
3. The Benq is a better writer than the Liteon (don't know about the NEC), and it can scan.

Levelling the field, it would appear that CDspeed will support at least some of the Pioneers (perhaps generically, as they use an NEC chipset).

So it's now down to your preference in presentation - I suppose the next thing will be DVD Info Pro getting the ability to write a test disk and record/redisplay the speed and drive used.

I miss your point about being second? Since when has this ever been a race? Certainly not with zebra's team?

Certain persons on this forum have played a big part in getting NEC to add this in. I doubt very much its the case of one person or one forum doing the work, from the collective effort they seem to be listening.

Since the time when liteon was the only drive that could scan, myself and many colleagues, and distributors have spent heaps of time talking to manufacturers getting them to add this kind of functionality, just like we also did to bring bitsetting to more drives, and we have been very successful.

As for test disc, I dont see the benefit, and this is the reason I have not done it, the test disk seems to do no more than ruin a perfectly usable disc. Better test discs can be made outside of the program in many ways. If and when I see a good reason to do it I will. By all means send feedback via Zebra, or here.

Zebra has been annoying me for ages ;) for a data save function so the data can be read and used in many other ways. Now phase one of the Sonic work is done, Maybe I will get time to look at this. Other ideas of overlapped graphs have also been requested. If anyone has any good ideas then submit them and we will see.

cheers
NicW

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI