Having Trouble Running Far Cry (Full Version)

All Forums >> [PC hardware] >> General Hardware Issues

drex223 -> Having Trouble Running Far Cry (2/25/2005 9:27:09 AM)

Hey, I'm not sure really where to post this, so i guess I'll put it here.
I recently puchased the game Far Cry, I played it at my friend's house and it was amazing so i had to get it. I'm having trouble running it though:
At first, when i tried to run it with default settings, everytime it went to a cutscene it would freeze and i couldnt get out of it and had to restart my computer. Now, I put all the graphical settings on low and it runs really choppy but at least it doesnt freeze. I don't think I should have to run it on such low settings though because my computer is pretty decent. Here are my specs:
ABit IS7 Series Mobo
Intel P4 2.66 GHz w/ HT
NVidia GeForce 4 Ti GPU
1024 MB RAM

And I even went to nVidia's website and downloaded and installed the latest drivers for my GPU but it still runs choppy. I don't know what the problem could be.

ojeda -> RE: Having Trouble Running Far Cry (3/26/2005 9:04:30 PM)

first, close anything in your tray you can - quicktime, etc. - you can keep your fw and av protection up
second, try the lowest settings - it will probably work there
third, it will probably run better with a better video card

Far Cry is a graphic intense game - a top notch system can handle it - without a better video card, lower settings will be necessary

how do i know? same video card, and memory as i have and the lower settings are where it runs for me

Page: [1]

Valid CSS!

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI