CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Packet writing in windows 98se   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1465 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Packet writing in windows 98se Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Packet writing in windows 98se - 4/23/2003 11:32:44 AM   
advagadza

I have windows 98 se with a 48x12x48x Liton burner.

can any1 help me with these 2 things:

can u use CD-R's with packet writing with inCD? b/c adaptec direct cd (has a new name now) u can.

secondly - if i cant packet write with CD-R's with inCD is there a programme besides the adaptec one which has this feature?

cheers
Post #: 1
RE: Packet writing in windows 98se - 4/23/2003 7:33:30 PM   
Matthew

InCD never supported it before - and the focus now seems to be on Mt. Rainier support.

http://www.codeproject.com/useritems/UDFCDR.asp
Drat! ATAPI drive not supported - thouigh I found some other writings referring to "my sourcecode on codeproject", which only said a SCSI drive was recommended.

I thought one of the other main ones DLA and B's Clip (though some say InCD is actually a rebranded B's Clip) could do it.

Instant Write (from VOB Instant CD/DVD 6.5 on a recent PC Answers Coverdisk) appears to be able to - the wite-up shows a format with space reserved for ISO conversion.

www.pinnaclesys.com/instantoffer/PCAnswers - registration, and a reader offer of £39.99 for V7
It is the APRIL issue but the next one is probably out by now - sorry cant remember where you were, so this may not be very useful!

edit- and you couldn't be much further away!

(in reply to advagadza)
Post #: 2
RE: Packet writing in windows 98se - 4/24/2003 4:54:51 PM   
advagadza

not sure how much that helped me but thx for replying. i appreciate it

(in reply to advagadza)
Post #: 3
RE: Packet writing in windows 98se - 4/24/2003 6:39:17 PM   
Matthew

Adaptec DirectCD is now ROXIO DirectCD

VOB Instant CD/DVD - is now Pinnacle
http://www.pinnaclesys.com/ProductPage.asp?Product_ID=1152&Langue_ID=7
- which so far, is the only other one I've seen which seems to support Packet format on CD-R media

DirectCD is supplied with Roxio Easy CD Creator, and with Cequadrat/Roxio WinOnCD

The best you can do with the supplied software, is to write multisession from Nero - though you would need to batch-up your writes, as you take a considerable overhead for each session.

Packet on CD-R can be rather tedious anyway - while the session is open for packet writing, it can only be read in a writer with compatible Packet software - in contrast to CD-RW packet, which can be read using a free UDF reader in any drive that supports CD-RW media.

(in reply to advagadza)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Packet writing in windows 98se Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI