CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Error writing with InCD in Win2K   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1825 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Error writing with InCD in Win2K Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Error writing with InCD in Win2K - 3/27/2003 2:20:08 AM   
superimposer

I can format a cd but not packet write to it using InCD 3.31. I get the following error:

Connot copy <filename>: Files on this CD-ROM drive are read-only. You cannot copy or move files over to this CD-ROM drive.

Am I doing something wrong? I want to be able to take a packet formatted disc back and forth between XP Pro and Win2k Pro.
Post #: 1
RE: Error writing with InCD in Win2K - 3/27/2003 4:22:29 AM   
KCK

Your error message could mean that the disc was not recognized by InCD. Do you get the InCD mounted message after inserting an InCD formatted disc in your burner?

First, I guess you have only tried a single disc so far. Your problems might be due to bad media, so you should test several discs of different brands (e.g., many users report difficulties with Memorex CD-RW media).

Second, you may have conflicts between InCD and drivers installed by other burning programs or plugins. It may take a while to detect and resolve such issues.

Third, you should upgrade to the latest versions of Nero 5.5.10.15a and InCD 3.52.20b from Ahead's site www.ahead.de (don't forget Nero Language pack for help files). This needn't resolve your current problems, but it might help in further tests.

Take a look at the InCD troubleshooting guide

http://www.cdrlabs.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=9997

and come back with more information. This guide is quite technical in some places. If you don't understand something in the guide, don't worry; just ask.

(in reply to superimposer)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Error writing with InCD in Win2K Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI