CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1380 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs - 11/6/2004 9:56:49 AM   
nickrowe

Hello. I cannot flash my NEC 3500AG (in a USB2 enclosure).

Using NECWinFlash or WinFlash, both start uploading the bin file, and then hang. I have tried several bin files too.

I have read all the FAQS etc, and made sure no other processes are running that might interfere (I'm on Windows XP).

Any ideas?! Help! Many thanks.
Post #: 1
RE: Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs - 11/6/2004 4:34:06 PM   
MP3Mogul

remove it from the case, connect to your IDE channel in your PC, flash it... then just reinstall in your USB enclosure.

(in reply to nickrowe)
Post #: 2
RE: Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs - 11/7/2004 2:18:14 PM   
emperor

Its quite possible that your USB case prevents some neseccery commands to send to the drive, so thats why the firmware flashing fails, mp3mogul has given the proper way to make the flashing

(in reply to MP3Mogul)
Post #: 3
RE: Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs - 5/9/2005 2:41:06 AM   
ckjnigel

I had just this problem with my 3520A in a very generic outboard USB/Firewire case.
A few minutes ago, (while turned off), I unplugged the Maxtor OneTouch hard drive M: that uses the front panel firewire port and changed the NEC, drive N:, to that connection; after reboot I flashed the May 1 '05 L&D executable from that .nl site. Flashing worked!
After putting the plugs back the way they'd been, all seems fine. But, the 3520A is now drive I: and the Maxtor is drive H:

(in reply to emperor)
Post #: 4
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> Firmware >> NEC >> Cannot flash 3500 via USB2 - just hangs Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI