CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk with graph?   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1531 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk with graph? Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk wit... - 10/28/2004 7:57:39 PM   
Wellcum

as title

< Message edited by Wellcum -- 10/28/2004 11:17:17 PM >
Post #: 1
RE: Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk... - 10/29/2004 2:29:56 AM   
Iggy

What drive are you going to use?

You should know that your results will not be real but you can use them for comparison reason for your own burns.

I would suggest the following configuration:

Test Range - Auto Detect
Reading Speed - 8X
PI Sum - 8
PIF Sum - 1

and enable the Remove Spike feature.

(in reply to Wellcum)
Post #: 2
RE: Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk... - 10/29/2004 4:01:10 PM   
Wellcum

Thanks.

Just got Pioneer 108. Nero DVD shows a nice and smooth line going up. When I run KProbe, it shows Start ... Stop ... and in a few seconds, it opens up notepad and show some text results.

I thought it should take much longer and generate the PI/PO error charts like the review on this board. I couldn't seem to find any instruction on this software.

What's the quickest way to find out the disc is fully readable? I know it's complete unneccessary, couldn't help.

< Message edited by Wellcum -- 10/29/2004 4:12:38 PM >

(in reply to Iggy)
Post #: 3
RE: Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk... - 10/29/2004 4:16:26 PM   
GenAn

KProbe only works with Lite-On drives (or possibly other drives using Mediatek chipsets).

(in reply to Wellcum)
Post #: 4
RE: Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk... - 10/29/2004 4:25:42 PM   
Wellcum

Woops. Hope the test doesn't destroy my Pioneer.

(in reply to GenAn)
Post #: 5
RE: Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk... - 10/29/2004 4:40:11 PM   
Matthew

The Pioneer is a great drive, but can't support that kind of testing - the best you can get with it is a smooth transfer rate in Cdspeed, and no error-out (actually, I've seen "perfect" Kprobe's of strategy-swapped media on Liteons, that crap out horribly on the speed test - not just ROUGH, they error out).

I backed the wrong horse, with the Liteon - the Pioneer is the better writer, the firmware hackers can give it RPC1 and nX4all, and it's write quality is better without tweaking - the only downside is the lack of testing capability - and while the testing abilities of those DVD-ROMS which support C1/C2 and PI/PO or PI/PIF are somewhat suspect, they would allow you to tell good from bad.

Mind you, give the Pioneer media it doesn't dislike, and it should give you a good burn, though it's Zone-CLV write strategy and late shift to a very short bit of 16x, will lag behind more adventurous CAV/P-CAV write strategies.

(in reply to GenAn)
Post #: 6
RE: Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk... - 10/29/2004 7:02:07 PM   
Wellcum

Thanks for the reminder. All these time I thought only NEC has hacked firmware.

I always burn at disc specified speed. Quality is more important. The only thing I can not control is how long they can last.

(in reply to Matthew)
Post #: 7
RE: Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk... - 10/30/2004 7:03:39 AM   
Iggy

If you need to find out that a DVD is fully readable just run a CDSpeed test.

(in reply to Wellcum)
Post #: 8
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage] >> CD, DVD, BD Drives >> Writing Quality >> Rephrase: How to use KProbe? How to scan full disk with graph? Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI