CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

Accessing udf disk from other applications   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1328 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Accessing udf disk from other applications Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
Accessing udf disk from other applications - 1/21/2003 1:38:06 AM   
Tmatt

I thought that 3rd party applications would be able to save to a UDF (formatted for packet writing) disk. I have been trying to backup quickbooks directly to a CD-RW with UDF format, and get errror messages:

-when using "burn & go gold" the error is that the disk is write protected

-when using FileCD from NTI (6.0 platinum) I get an error about not having access to the drive (permissions problems?!)

The disk has been properly formatted, and NTI-FileCD can burn data to it, but I want direct access from other programs. Can anyone tell me how this is supposed to work? I don't know if I am doing something wrong, or if packet writing just doesn't work that way!

I'm using winXP
I uninstalled HotBurn(burn & go gold) because of this problem and installed NTI's CD Maker 6.0 Platinum. No difference (just different error messages)
Post #: 1
RE: Accessing udf disk from other applications - 1/24/2003 1:42:36 AM   
RWeir

What about if you do the Quickbooks backup to the usual folder on the harddrive and then have a batch file (.cmd) which does Xcopy of the QB file
I use this
@Echo Off
xcopy /e /v /y C:\Documents E:\AlphaBackup\Documents
exit
created in Notebook and saved as CDcopy.cmd then a shortcut on the desktop. This is a copy of a big database with a year's entries.
I forot one switch in the above path so a query occurs asking if this is a directory or a file.( I think /i included in the list stops this query)but an exact copy of the directory and contents resulted on the udf formatted floppy.
On other forums the opinion has been expressed to do a regular burn on a CD-RW CD for Quickbooks backups. I want to transport QB backups to the accountant on CD with assurance that he can get the data and there are enough reports that udf isn't totally dependable going to other machines where it depends on a 'reader' installed.
Rose

(in reply to Tmatt)
Post #: 2
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> Accessing udf disk from other applications Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI