CDRInfo Forum CDRInfo Forum

Forums  Register  Login  My Profile  Inbox  Address Book  My Subscription  My Forums 

Photo Gallery  Member List  Search  Calendars  FAQ  Ticket List  Log Out

How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc   Logged in as: Guest
Viewers: 1321 You can click here to see Today's Posts | Most Active Topics | Posts Since Last Visit
  Printable Version
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc Page: [1]
Login
Message << Older Topic   Newer Topic >>
How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/9/2001 10:23:58 PM   
gemp

I have Nero 5540 installed on WIN 2K with SP2 installed. InCD 2.16 is installed. When I load a CDRW with Nero running, InCD grabs this & Nero comes up with a message saying another program has exclusive access.

How do I create an audio CDRW ?

Any suggestions for software ?

gemp

Post #: 1
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/10/2001 6:37:36 AM   
rblake

I wondered if one has use a blank CDRW in Nero to do this?

If so, I suppose it can then be written over?

R.

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 2
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/10/2001 10:22:38 PM   
Waynus

I don't think it is possible to burn audio to a cd-rw.
The technology is different to cdr.
You can copy audio files (wav, mp3 etc) to cd-rw for playing in another computer but if you want audio cd's for use in normal cd players (home, car) you will need to burn to cdr and close the disk.

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 3
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/11/2001 12:14:41 AM   
Doug_The_Mooose

If inCD is grabbing the disc, just turn it off. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del and end task..
Then make sure the disc is blank. You can do this in Nero.

And yes some cd players can read cdrw's. I have a Sony 5 disc player which can and also alot of dvd players can too. Which is good for making vcd's of all the good stuff you download from the net
wink wink

Shibby

The Moose Lives On. . . . . . .

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 4
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/11/2001 1:04:18 AM   
Tonton

quote:

I don't think it is possible to burn audio to a cd-rw.
The technology is different to cdr.
You can copy audio files (wav, mp3 etc) to cd-rw for playing in another computer but if you want audio cd's for use in normal cd players (home, car) you will need to burn to cdr and close the disk.

Yes, the CDRW will work, and you can erase it afterwards. The problem is, CD players don't usually recognize the disc, but newer ones do. I tried it myself, created compilations, and erased them after I got tired of the songs. The session will be closed once you burn the songs in Nero, but you can also erase the whole disc. I have done it using the DAO mode. I have yet to try it using the TAO mode.

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 5
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/11/2001 6:22:10 AM   

Hi TonTon,
as you have successfully created an audio disc on CDRW, how did you do this - even if you have to burn DAO & reformat to recover disc when boredom sets in - can u do a compilation from existing discs or disc at once only ?

k

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 6
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/13/2001 10:14:06 AM   
c-thr00

InCD is reading your CD-RW that why Nero wont start. I think maybe you have formatted the Cd-RW already for UDF Packet Writing.

All you do is, Run Nero Burning ROM before you insert your CD-RW, then when Nero is running, insert your CD-RW (format/erase your CD-RW if you have formatted it for UDF already), then your on your way. You can now create your Audio CD using your CD-RW.

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 7
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/13/2001 2:36:56 PM   
CCampbell

I can see for the most part you've had your questions answered very well by the CDRINFO Group.

Yes, any software can create an Audio CD from CDRW media. Haveing it written in DAO or TAO will not affect its being playable on your Home stereo, Car stereo, or Computer system.

95% of Car and Home stereo's will not play CDRW media, so check to see if yours supports MultiRead Standard before you purchase your Car or Home Stereo. This is the standard needed to support reading CDRW media.

And as long as the CDRW is not formatted by InCD, if you launch Nero first, InCD will not grab the CDRW media and ask you to format it. If it is formatted by InCD, then you do need to do a quick or full erase on the CDRW meida with Nero, before you can write to it.

Regards,

Craig

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 8
RE: How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc - 10/14/2001 8:53:51 PM   
gemp

Thanks all for the info especially Craig. Will try tonight with inCD uninstalled, formatted but erased CDRW, and Nero.

BTW, the reason for asking was that I have just purchased a DVD player which supports CDRW audio.

gemp

(in reply to gemp)
Post #: 9
Page:   [1]
All Forums >> [Optical Storage Software] >> CD/DVD Authoring >> Packet Writing >> How do I create an Audio CD on a CDRW Disc Page: [1]
Jump to:

New Messages No New Messages
Hot Topic w/ New Messages Hot Topic w/o New Messages
Locked w/ New Messages Locked w/o New Messages
 Post New Thread
 Reply to Message
 Post New Poll
 Submit Vote
 Delete My Own Post
 Delete My Own Thread
 Rate Posts

Forum Software © ASPPlayground.NET Advanced Edition 2.4.5 ANSI